BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
Unread 01-02-2015, 09:36 AM
Administrator

Glad to hear that and hope you have some luck.

A resource site taht was recommended to me was

dbsalliance.org

Lot of resources for this.
Unread 01-02-2015, 09:39 AM

I was diagnosed with it on a few separate occasions (usually when something blows up and I end up with doctors - years and cities apart). I will tell them about it, they ignore it, and then tell me the same things back to me.

I don't have much to say in terms of usefulness - but good luck. I hope we still get the "Lyle" we love.

I didn't realize you are in Austin now - I am going through there on a road trip and staying over to visit with some friends in about a month from now. I'd offer to take you out for drinks, but it sounds like now isn't the best time.
Unread 01-02-2015, 09:53 AM

Glad to hear you're getting some treatment Lyle. Many moons ago I was a psych nurse - out of control mania really was quite sad. So much self destructive behaviour. I can definitely understand the feelings of wanting to be a little hypermanic - but like diabetics who want their sugars to be a little high (more energy but ultimately bad on the small blood vessels) it's a real hard state to maintain because once you slide past the desired zone you are unable to correct it.

I do appreciate your no-nonsense approach to diet and fitness. The "risk" of being called out on the forum makes me a better researcher. I try not to speak without fact checking, and the lack of bro-science on the forum is refreshing. In that vein, I hope you don't get too easy on us. I'd hate to see this place degenerate into another bro-science site.

I hope you have good success with your treatment and don't be too hard on yourself. Bipolar disorder is an illness, not something you asked for. Yes, you have to take responsibility for whether or not you adhere to treatment - but after a certain point it spins out of your control.
Unread 01-02-2015, 09:56 AM

Not gonna lie.
Without my hypomania... I never feel as creative or as intelligent. In fact I feel like a moron.
For every person who tells me I didn't read something when I ask a question.
The truth is... Is the brain fog side effects often makes me unable to learn via written word at times.

With meds I feel handicapped...
I skip over information. It's frustrating and upsetting... Hence video podcasts are a easier way for me to learn.

I've often wondered if taking yohimbine to trigger hypomania would work.
Controlling mania would be amazing...
But the knowledge I might make myself less intelligent stops me.
Or that going into full mania is a possibility.
I actually blew my entire bank balance last time that happened.

I take tegretol for BP which doesn't cause weight gain to a great extent.
So look into that.

Other BP meds ballooned my weight up aprx 150 lbs... (290 at 5 ft 8 at my worst) So be careful.
It was so difficult to lose that weight...plus I'm left with ugly stretch marks and loose skin.
If there's a cheat around any of the common issues...
Via some trick "eg a very unknown drug"... Post it.

Note: My depression probably puts a negative slant on everything. I am in the best shape I've ever been.

Last edited by KnightLights : 01-02-2015 at 10:12 AM.
Unread 01-02-2015, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenDilemma View Post

But, something to note: hopefully you coming out with this changes the tone of some members on here who have otherwise taken it upon themselves to behave in a similar grandiose/authoritative state that you otherwise would project so deeply onto this forum.

Your behaviour spawned little minions which likely made this forum experience sour for others as they'd be bashed or spoken to in a condescending way. And, it never would cease because the guy running the forum (you) was doing it as well.
All the best Lyle! Hopefully as GoldenDilemma pointed out the rude little cyberminions will go somewhere else now. If they do, your fantastic knowledge will end up reaching more people.
Unread 01-02-2015, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
This last one is omething that I sort of addressed in the piece I wrote: I don't really have a social circle. well I do but it's all virtual people. I work at home, don't go out, no social circle so you live in your head all the time and and crazy. ONe of the things I'll be actively addressing when I get back to Austin.
You're a pretty funny/witty dude. I don't imagine it'll be very difficult to make some good friends as long as you put yourself in a position to meet them.

Good luck!
Unread 01-02-2015, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglypuffs View Post
I was diagnosed with it on a few separate occasions (usually when something blows up and I end up with doctors - years and cities apart). I will tell them about it, they ignore it, and then tell me the same things back to me.

I don't have much to say in terms of usefulness - but good luck. I hope we still get the "Lyle" we love.

I didn't realize you are in Austin now - I am going through there on a road trip and staying over to visit with some friends in about a month from now. I'd offer to take you out for drinks, but it sounds like now isn't the best time.
Nah, I'll be fine by then and one of the things that I am actively trying to change about my overall life is my general lack of socialization, etc. So get in touch when you come through. I'll tell you where the best food is

Edit: Fine is the wrong word. Stable would be a better choice.
Unread 01-02-2015, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightLights View Post
Not gonna lie.
Without my hypomania... I never feel as creative or as intelligent. In fact I feel like a moron.
For every person who tells me I didn't read something when I ask a question.
The truth is... Is the brain fog side effects often makes me unable to learn via written word at times.

With meds I feel handicapped...
I skip over information. It's frustrating and upsetting... Hence video podcasts are a easier way for me to learn.

I've often wondered if taking yohimbine to trigger hypomania would work.
Controlling mania would be amazing...
Trust me I've thought about that for years. A controlled low level hypomanic state would be AWESOME. I don't know if it's possible.

Quote:
Note: My depression probably puts a negative slant on everything. I am in the best shape I've ever been.
It does. Even if objectively things aren't taht bad, depression makes you parse it in a way that is somehow.
Unread 01-02-2015, 10:59 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druboutin View Post
You're a pretty funny/witty dude. I don't imagine it'll be very difficult to make some good friends as long as you put yourself in a position to meet them.
The difficulty has been putting myself out there. I know that I can/will meet folks if I just get out (and my lack of interests in the typical things doesnt' help). Hence this site meetup and my hopes for it helping. Already finding groups of like minded folks (read: nerds) and that will at least get me started. Socialization for me is very much a practice thing. I get out of practice and I stop. I get back into practice and the benefits make it a nice positive reinforcement feedforward cycle. We'll see.
Unread 01-02-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post
Hopefully as GoldenDilemma pointed out the rude little cyberminions will go somewhere else now.
Cyberminions need an echo chamber and a bunch of people thinking they were the very first to combine Lyle's GBR with 531 or PHAT, too.

"I knew you before you knew you had hands" ~Tracey Brogan
Closed Thread