BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-04-2015, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Default Bipolar Recovery Update 1

Main site
Unread 02-04-2015, 12:51 PM

Lyle - thank you for sharing your story. I have a close family member with mental health issues, and I find it helpful when people open up and share what they are going through.
I am also getting a lot out of your site and appreciate your responses to my questions. Thanks again.
Unread 02-04-2015, 05:24 PM

I can relate 100%. I'm not suicidal, but don't particularly care if I live either during my down periods. Both ends of the scale with regards to food, either starving or carb binging.

Although sometimes I wish that I had hypomania. At least I would have energy and motivation to be productive for a few weeks.

Be well Lyle.
Unread 02-04-2015, 05:25 PM
Administrator

I'm usually hypomanic for a few months. Have I mentioned that it's AWESOME!

But more seriously. It's awesome.
Unread 02-05-2015, 04:35 AM

I really appreciate hearing your story, all the best to you Lyle.
Unread 02-09-2015, 05:33 PM

Hi Lyle I'm 19 years old and I also suffer from very similar problems. I've never been diagnosed but its obvious I have bipolar 2, I've had cycles of both hypomania and depression.
I never really realised until recently that my actions were in a pattern like this but I'd say I'm on the pretty extreme end of it. My teenage years have just been crazy looking back. Highs of extreme energy and then the lows set in.

I can definitely relate to not wanting to seek help when you're depressed I always get the feeling of what's the point and not to mention I'd feel embarrassed talking to people about it.

My sleep is especially bad during my depression stages something I see you struggled with as well I just cannot fall asleep even though I am exhausted.
Unread 02-11-2015, 08:25 AM
Administrator

Update 2
Unread 02-16-2015, 08:35 AM
Administrator

Part 3
Unread 02-16-2015, 02:07 PM

Great series of articles. I've had to deal with my own personal, familial, and mental health issues over the last couple of years and so I can relate with some of the challenges you've expressed in the article and the experience of seeking out treatment. I'd definitely say that if you have found a medication and general routine that seems to be helping you progress in the right direction, you're going to want to avoid too many "gaps" in treatment. It's easy to 'forget' about how bad your symptoms can get when you're in a short period of time with a semblance of control. With that in mind, make sure you're getting a similar level of care and follow up in Austin as you did in Nashville. Also, as you probably realize, the battle goes beyond finding the right medication. I hope that you find ways to organize both your internal and external life in such a way that you can move forward and find purpose and happiness.
Unread 02-19-2015, 01:18 AM

These articles mean a great deal. I think I mentioned my own struggles with bipolar.

Hearing someone who I respect a great deal talk about similar struggles... Makes me not feel so alone.

I hope perhaps you discover something on your journey that helps all people deal with bipolar. As you have done with diet and training.

It's a tough diagnosis as so much of the medication fights you on training goals.
Have you heard of Latuda or Tegretol ?
Both are weight neutral for the most part.

Modafinil can also sometimes be used to treat bipolar as an adjunt

Examine.com actually had a page on that drug I noticed.
http://examine.com/supplements/Modafinil/