BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-20-2015, 11:11 AM

Default So glad...

...that you are ok LYLE.

Vickie
Unread 04-20-2015, 02:56 PM
Banned

You ever meditate Lyle? It has helped me a LOT dealing with my own mental health issues....and it has been basically proven to help mental health for 2,500 years in the east and about 20 years in the west by current science.
Unread 04-20-2015, 02:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
Be glad that cursing is not allowed on this forum for me to tell you what I think of that degree of utter horse crap.

Because the sentence "my idea" means he's pulling crap out of his butt and should just shut up and let people who understand physiology talk about this topic rather than leading people down the path of bs.

Now please get out of my personal thread.
And I know you are probably going to take offense to this, and in no way do I mean this in a bad way (I try to make sure everything I say comes from a place of compassion, though I am not perfect), but have you ever thought that getting upset with people on the forums and generally just getting worked up about things more than you need to contributes to your depression? I know that what has helped me through depression is being able to catch myself before I get upset through mindfulness, so I am almost always in at the least a neutral/somewhat happy state and if I ever do get angry I can usually calm myself down almost instantaneously.
Unread 04-20-2015, 03:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjack View Post
And I know you are probably going to take offense to this, and in no way do I mean this in a bad way (I try to make sure everything I say comes from a place of compassion, though I am not perfect), but have you ever thought that getting upset with people on the forums and generally just getting worked up about things more than you need to contributes to your depression? I know that what has helped me through depression is being able to catch myself before I get upset through mindfulness, so I am almost always in at the least a neutral/somewhat happy state and if I ever do get angry I can usually calm myself down almost instantaneously.
Nope, it's an outlet and trust me this is mild compared to how I usually react. Now both of you get out of my thread since you have nothing meaningful to contribute. Don't you have a diet to sabotage anyhow?

If I wanted your input, I'd ask for it and your unsolicited advice means squat to me. Seriously, get out.
Unread 04-20-2015, 04:33 PM
Banned

Good luck with your recovery. I hope that everything works out well for you.
Unread 04-20-2015, 05:13 PM

Lyle, when I was diagnosed with my chronic condition which requires daily medication and blah blah blah, the number of people who crawled out of the woodwork to give me "advice" as to how to cure myself/what I was doing wrong/maybe you should try THIS was staggering.

That's probably the most annoying part of a chronic condition -- the I'm sure well-intentioned "advice" which is simply not helpful. Especially that advice which starts with ..."if you just did THIS"...or "have you tried *insert alternative medical treatment with no scientific validation* yet? It worked for my Auntie", or "I find that X works best, have you tried it yet?"....worst of all was the implication that I still had this condition because I either was doing something wrong or just wasn't working hard enough to heal myself. I was actually told in a yoga class in front of EVERYONE that I still had my condition because I didn't try hard enough to touch my forehead to my knee in Standing Head to Knee posture (which I can't physically do effort not withstanding).

I dunno what to say except thank you for sharing your experiences and keep on doing what you know is right for you

Date
Feb7-174lbs
Feb13-168
Mar6-171
Mar13-167
Mar20-167
Mar27-
Apr3-
Apr10-
Apr17-
Apr24-
May1-
Net -

RFL 11 Mar 2015 -196lbs

RD 1 (Mar11- May18) 196-166 (-9-3-2+1-5-3-3-2-2-2=-30)=-30

Break(May19-Jun15) 166-169 (+3+0+0+0=+3)=-27

RD 2 (Jun16-Jul13) 169-160 (-5-3-1-0=-9)=-36

Break(Jul13-Feb 6) 160-174 (total=+14)=-22

RD 3(Feb7-May1) 174-167(0-6+3-4-0=-7)=-29

Last edited by freiamaya : 04-20-2015 at 05:16 PM.
Unread 04-22-2015, 09:33 AM

Sometimes in times of depression or just in general... I have this belief that my creativity would return ten fold if I just tried to trigger a bit of the ol' hypomania.
Maybe try a bunch of Yohimbine and be awesome again .

That I'm maybe just not as much of a creative person without it. That bipolar people need it..

But, then I see you... writing all this amazing stuff while under treatment.
It makes me question that idea.
Seriously SFS Patch was really the most innovative thing I've read in a long time.

So it rocks my notion of hypomania as this thing I need...
Maybe stability is more powerful.
Maybe that idea of wanting extremes is our own worst enemy...

Thanks for that.
Unread 04-22-2015, 10:59 AM
Administrator

A while back, I wanted to see if I could mimick the neurochemistry of hypomania with drugs or supplements. It's be lovely if it were controllable but I'm not sure it is.
Unread 04-22-2015, 01:33 PM

"Cocaine is a hell of a drug."
Unread 04-22-2015, 01:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shza View Post
"Cocaine is a hell of a drug."
I was actually lucky in that I don't have the quite common substance abuse problems that often go along with this. Never done rec drugs, been drunk once, rarely even drink.