BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-27-2015, 03:47 PM
Administrator

But it's fun to clap your hands and make a big chalk cloud. And as I have heard several opine "I don't have to worry about keeping the gym clean, that's what the staff is there for."
Unread 03-27-2015, 04:30 PM

I use a rock climbing chalk ball that I keep in my pocket (inside a bag). My last two gyms have not allowed chalk but no one has ever said anything to me about using it.
Unread 03-27-2015, 09:26 PM

People who work at the gym have like the easiest job ever. I never see them doing anything. Half of them aren't even fit, but they work in a gym. They just walk around and tell you to have a good workout. I'm getting upset right now thinking about it. They better start cleaning up that chalk. My hands get sweaty. I want them there working in the wipey towel between my sets. Fresh chalk! Then they can help me take off my belt. And they should serve gatorade. Whatever, they can make tips. I guess I should just get some straps.
Unread 03-28-2015, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
Ugh, titles like that make me throw up in my mouth a little bit.
True, Greg Nuckols is a good guy though. His articles are really good.
Unread 03-28-2015, 07:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
True, Greg Nuckols is a good guy though. His articles are really good.
Except for the ones that are awful. His hamstrings and the squat is wrong, this analysis of the squat is wrong (concluding that lowbar is easier on the lowback) and his bench flare article was wrong in absolute terms. The best PL'ers tuck hard and his assertion is incorrect.
Unread 03-28-2015, 08:51 AM

Which are good?
Unread 03-28-2015, 10:28 AM
Administrator

I haven't begun to read his entire production of articles. But when I see someone writing that kind of absolutist and wrong kind of stuff, I check out. Add to that that instead of accepting criticism or understanding that it takes about one sentence to qualify is his gibberish, he got all pissy and childlike with me on FB. If he can waste space with that "What you are getting yourself into" garbage he can add

"And here I'm not talking about heavily shirted benching in terms of tucking" to make his article not be stupid.

Even the simple idea that a low bar squat is easier on the back fails the realty check completely. Ask anybody who has done both with similar weight which tears their backs up more. It's not high-bar. All the physics in the world doesn't change that. And gys squatted differently in the 80's, an article saying that hamstrings are irrelevant to PL because of that ignores the changes in technique that have occurred.

But better to act like a petulant child than become a better writer apparently.
Unread 03-30-2015, 09:24 AM

Excellent article. I would perhaps add one more reason for using straps. I use hook grip for my deadlifts, cleans etc, a when you are sissy like me , heavy lifts may get a bit too painful on thumbs in normal training, even if you have the grip strength to hold the bar in competition.
Unread 03-30-2015, 03:08 PM

Guess I'm a grip weirdo.....who occasionally uses straps, nice article, never really though it was an issue though.
Unread 03-30-2015, 06:31 PM
Administrator

Spend more time on the Internet. Everything is an issue. Recently some bozo wrote an article saying never to use chalk b/c when you have to do a 600lb DL in real life you won't have it.