BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-21-2015, 08:08 AM
Administrator

Default Podcast with Sigma Nutrition

Did this about 2 weeks ago with Sigma Nutrition
Unread 04-21-2015, 10:07 AM

Lyle in the podcast you were saying that refeeds of 5 hours to 1 day is pretty worthless as far as leptin levels. Mostly for psychological reasons and just for people to have some foods they enjoy and increase glycogen rapidly.

Question you said at least 3 days of a refeed in your opinion to increase leptin. How would you go about setting that 3 day refeed up? Is the only way you recommend the way UD2 is set up or do you have any other variations on that. Since the guide to flexible dieting is only showing 5 hours, 1 day and 2 days.

Thanks
Unread 04-22-2015, 01:27 AM

Looked everywhere for this and hopefully you touch on this in your new book. But guess I will go off the ud2 recommendations if I want to set up a refeed for 3 days in a row since that is the closest thing I can base my starting numbers on.
Unread 05-06-2015, 04:10 PM

Great podcast
Thank you
Unread 07-22-2015, 10:34 AM

Lyle, from what i understand is it correct then that the short re-feeds are more psychological and any bump in weight loss that comes from them is in increase in NEAT and not leptin? and that although it does not affect leptin and fix metabolic slow down it may help prolong it a bit? Lastly, as far as the cortisol and water retention goes will the water retention only come off once one goes back to resuming their diet after a minimum of a 4 day to 2 week break at maintenance or above as the water will only come off once back to a deficit not while on the break itself correct because the person is still at or above maintenance so the weight loss wont be shown until the deficit is resumed again?

Any one elses feedback for discussion greatly appreciated as well as this was a great podcast and many interesting topics were discussed.
Unread 07-22-2015, 11:24 AM

Possibly. This is a hot topic and has been brought up alot. Would say just wait for the new diet Bible to be released. Also listen to Eric Helms on Sigma Nutrition the one that was just released.
Unread 07-22-2015, 01:03 PM

true just feel like for good discussion considering the podcast if water retention seems to be one of the buggest culprits (along withbleptin) with dieting will the diet break or 4 days minimum lower cortisol and allow water weight to come
off once returning to the deficit or will the water actually come off even while at a surplus/maintenance?