BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-22-2015, 07:40 AM
Administrator

Default Anabolic Steroids and Growth

Main site
Unread 04-22-2015, 11:11 AM

I loved the Dan Duchaine quotes. To me it made everything seem so clear.

I wonder if the best diet strategy for users is to just RFL with as little calories you can stand then let the drugs put back on any lost muscle if you lost any to begin with.

Get to 10% bodyfat first while lifting weights heavy 3x a week with reduced volume. Two weeks maintenance. Bulk up slowly (1 lb weight gain per week max), focus on getting stronger, measure body composition changes often.
Unread 04-22-2015, 11:37 AM
Administrator

A pro bodybuilder once said "Forget magic diets, take as many drugs as you can afford and diet for as long as you can stand it."
Unread 04-23-2015, 07:49 AM

This was a very eye-opening article. I make the usual jokes (tren hard etc) but seeing a controlled study produce such huge results from what is considered a "baby dose" as you say (even just casually browsing you see people say "start with a gram of test") almost makes you feel like an idiot for not going to the doc and saying, "hey doc my libido is low, can you hook a brother up?"

Then again I'm satisfied with the size of my nuts & I don't wanna lose LNM (lean nad mass)

RFL Round 2 Log (ended 10/25/2013)

UD2.0 Log (started 12/29/13)
Unread 04-23-2015, 08:59 AM

This is really interesting, if only steroids weren't treated as a hardcore drug and you could go to a doctor and get it prescribed at a proper dose along with whatever else you need for pct. As someone who knows very little about steroids, would you still see lean mass gains like what is in the study if you are in a caloric deficit or do you still need to be in a surplus?
Unread 04-23-2015, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOAMattD View Post
This was a very eye-opening article. I make the usual jokes (tren hard etc) but seeing a controlled study produce such huge results from what is considered a "baby dose" as you say (even just casually browsing you see people say "start with a gram of test") almost makes you feel like an idiot for not going to the doc and saying, "hey doc my libido is low, can you hook a brother up?"

Then again I'm satisfied with the size of my nuts & I don't wanna lose LNM (lean nad mass)
That's the question I have. If 600mg/week is such a low dose, it should be fairly simple to acquire that, legally, from a doctor, right? Also, I thought any reduction in testicular size was usually minor and went away once you had cycled off the steroid?
Unread 04-23-2015, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Doctors will not prescribe testosterone unless you are hypogonadal in most countries. So no it will not be 'easy' to get despite being a low dose relative to what athlete are taking.
Unread 04-23-2015, 01:27 PM

Thanks for clarifying that, Lyle. Disappointing to say the least.
Unread 04-23-2015, 03:15 PM

500-600mg of test (generally enanthate or cypionate) for 10-12 weeks is what is generally recommended for a first cycle or blast of AAS. Very few people recommend starting at a gram or more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalkr View Post
This is really interesting, if only steroids weren't treated as a hardcore drug and you could go to a doctor and get it prescribed at a proper dose along with whatever else you need for pct. As someone who knows very little about steroids, would you still see lean mass gains like what is in the study if you are in a caloric deficit or do you still need to be in a surplus?
Probably depends how lean your are, if quite lean I'd imagine you wouldn't gain a huge amount of LBM (where would the energy come from?). Fatter people will generally gain muscle in a deficit especially their first time using, likely not as much as they would gain in a surplus though.
Unread 04-23-2015, 04:34 PM

There are "anti aging" clinics from a certain state in America that make getting prescribed steroids surprisingly easy....

To the point of whether its possible to gain muscle on steroids while in a deficit - yes, it certainly is.
Of course it wont be a huge amount, depending on the size of the deficit, but many guys have gained 3-4 pounds with relative ease on basic test only cycles.

The main issue for those considering steroids is the idea of "cycling off" - there is a very high chance of losing all of your gains eventually and full recovery (testes size, test levels, etc) is certainly not guaranteed.
In fact, most people never fully recover and resort to HRT, TRT, etc.