BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-23-2015, 07:21 AM
Administrator

He did HIIT, what of it?

And his training prgoram was fundamentally idiotic

"argeting each major muscle group on two occasions per week. Each RT consisted of 68 exercises performed for 810 repetitions and 45 sets [32]"

On a bro split. Wayyyyyy too much volume.

And he lost 5kg of LBM. If this is the case study I read a little while back, it was simply functionally idiotic
Unread 05-23-2015, 09:13 AM

I think that HIIT would be going against your recommendation of "not going nuts" with cardio. This would also, I think, be one of the factors in losing FFM.

I'm dumb. When I read the exercise guidelines, I thought they meant 6-8 reps. Should have read that line carefully :/.
Unread 05-23-2015, 09:45 AM
Administrator

Twice a week is usually fine. Depends on the person. Nuts is the typical 2 hours/day 6days/week stuff

If this is the case study I remember reading, the whole approach was fairly stupid. Might be a different once but I don't like his volume of training or much of it at all.
Unread 05-23-2015, 10:32 AM

I remember a while ago trying to do the 14 day UD2, with RFL calories, with ~2 hours/day of cardio. So, the full two depletion went ok, even the tension workouts, but sleep was a bitch. After just 8 days, I was simply destroyed. My determination/motivation went through the toilet. I was so tired at night that I couldn't even sleep, and when I did fall sleep, I would awake about 2 hours later.

Long story short, that was stupid and I learned my lesson the hard way. I thought that biking just to go to work and do the groceries wouldn't count as cardio.
Unread 05-24-2015, 12:27 PM

Would the three puke/cry 90+ second sets per exercise maintain LBM like they built it in the recent study or would that be too much for deficit calories to handle?

"I knew you before you knew you had hands" ~Tracey Brogan
Unread 05-24-2015, 01:36 PM
Administrator

A mallard.

An unaswerable question without more context.
Unread 06-06-2015, 04:54 AM

in the article you talk about the loss of LBM/muscle when dieting either short and hard or long and normal.

what would you say about strength loss?? Which way of dieting would preserve the most maximal strength compared to before??
Unread 06-06-2015, 07:13 AM
Administrator

It can go either way. I know some who hate long drawn out diets and that huts more compared to shorter diets. Even if you lose some strength on a shorter diet, you can get back to real training sooner. So long as you don't do something very dumb, you shouldn't lose much.
Unread 06-08-2015, 04:24 AM

Thanks, sounds good. looks like i will be doing something along the line of RFL sooner or later.