BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-19-2015, 08:45 AM
Administrator

Default Split Routine Sequencing Part 1

Main site
Unread 11-19-2015, 09:59 AM

great - now im waiting for the 3 way split article like i waited for presents on xmas as a child.
glad youre bringing stuff about training more often.
do you have an estimate for the publishing of the 3 way split article?
Unread 11-23-2015, 12:26 PM

Is the upper lower split that you outlined in your article how you'd rewrite the GBR? An updated version of it?
Unread 11-26-2015, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Part 2
Unread 11-26-2015, 09:22 AM

will you do another series on a higher frequency 3 way split e.g. training 6 days on, 1 day off since that seems to be very common?

since this is one of the splits you advocated in one of your older articles (dont know which one anymore but its about training frequency and if youre doing ppl that you should still hit every muscle group at least twice per week so pplppl rest)

best regards
Unread 11-26-2015, 09:34 AM
Administrator

Did you just read every other paragraph? Because I said explicitly in the damn introduction:

"I want to emphasize, since some people seemed to miss this, that I canít possibly cover every possible approach to splitting a routine (someone asked me about some specific split but my goal was never to cover every possibility) or frequency or days of the week. By the time you get to three-way splits the possibilities become increasingly endless and allowing for more days per week or whatever makes the number of possible variations insane. Rather, try to focus on the principles of what Iím talking about, issues you may not have considered in terms of the order that you work a given muscle group within a weekís time."
Unread 11-26-2015, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
Did you just read every other paragraph? Because I said explicitly in the damn introduction:

"I want to emphasize, since some people seemed to miss this, that I canít possibly cover every possible approach to splitting a routine (someone asked me about some specific split but my goal was never to cover every possibility) or frequency or days of the week. By the time you get to three-way splits the possibilities become increasingly endless and allowing for more days per week or whatever makes the number of possible variations insane. Rather, try to focus on the principles of what Iím talking about, issues you may not have considered in terms of the order that you work a given muscle group within a weekís time."
in actuality, yes im sry. did just skim through the article looking for a 6 day ppl because i want to read it entirely this evening - my fault
Unread 12-01-2015, 07:38 AM

How come Part 2 was removed?
Unread 12-03-2015, 08:00 PM

Lyle,

What do you think of a cycle of upper, rest, lower, rest, without taking two days off for the weekend? It would be close to the "every 5 days" split but you would never have an extended rest period by taking off the weekend. Also, if you have to skip a day, it doesn't throw the entire schedule off. Worst case is you occasionally get one extra rest day but just keep going.

What do you think?
Unread 12-04-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennysabarese View Post
Lyle,

What do you think of a cycle of upper, rest, lower, rest, without taking two days off for the weekend? It would be close to the "every 5 days" split but you would never have an extended rest period by taking off the weekend. Also, if you have to skip a day, it doesn't throw the entire schedule off. Worst case is you occasionally get one extra rest day but just keep going.

What do you think?
Thats been disucssed before, nothing wrong with that at all, may even be superior for certain reasons that have also been discussed. Theres no reason training has to fit into a 7 day schedule, other than practical reasons of getting to the gym and society and all that. If your schedule lets you, theres no good reason not to.