BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Unread 06-10-2009, 10:18 AM
Darth Pooh Darth Pooh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 287
Default

And from my obsessive detail checking, I concur. What is happening with me could be completely irrelevant to someone else of the same physical situation (i.e. build, age, weightloss).

In terms of what a few plastic surgeons have told me upon consult, my skin has been REMARKABLE for how it's repaired itself from the weightloss I've achieved. They tell me I've gotten off very lucky... I won't need muscle or lipo, only skin removal. Which I think is BS considering I can pinch more than a small layer of skin (some areas about an 3/4 inch).
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 06-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Espi Espi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,491
Default

It's highly individual.
I've read reports of elderly people (to be exact, a forum member's mom of 60+ yrs) who had been overweight for 20+ years, lost the fat on RFL/PSMF and .. miraculously don't have much loose skin.

I've started putting on stress-weight @ age 15 and only some 30 yrs later finally lost it.. there's a huge amount of extra skin on the abdomen and there's no way it will ever stretch back (max wt difference being 27kg/59lbs) . Since I was never grossly obese and only was really heavy for less than 1 year , I'll have to pay it out of my own pocket
People that tend to put on wt evenly are the lucky bastards.. it never really looks bad.
__________________
Ergo-log: news & KB on legal and illegal ergogenic aids
Poliquin: "There's no overtraining , only undereating ---> to undereat, don't overtrain!"
Burgener: "There's no overtraining, only underrecovery" --> sleep, rest & recover
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 06-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Darth Pooh Darth Pooh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espi View Post
It's highly individual.
I've read reports of elderly people (to be exact, a forum member's mom of 60+ yrs) who had been overweight for 20+ years, lost the fat on RFL/PSMF and .. miraculously don't have much loose skin.

I've started putting on stress-weight @ age 15 and only some 30 yrs later finally lost it.. there's a huge amount of extra skin on the abdomen and there's no way it will ever stretch back (max wt difference being 27kg/59lbs) . Since I was never grossly obese and only was really heavy for less than 1 year , I'll have to pay it out of my own pocket
People that tend to put on wt evenly are the lucky bastards.. it never really looks bad.
Canada? Cause it's going to cost me 6 grand to have my skin removed. My HMO won't cover it... but I am getting a PPO next month so maybe they will (I live in the States).
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 06-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Espi Espi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,491
Default

No I'm Dutch. (not the Pennsylvanian kind )

As for the whooshes & retention, something that is quite interesting, is how hormonal fluctuations affect it more than even huge carbups do. Aunt Flo arrived yesterday night .. and bam, 1.5 kg extra on the scale. Same when I ovulate. Today it's good I have a good supply of TP as I'm running back & forth to the bath room.. I'm convinced I'll have lost that amt and more.. helped by the fact of having an low cal /carb day.
__________________
Ergo-log: news & KB on legal and illegal ergogenic aids
Poliquin: "There's no overtraining , only undereating ---> to undereat, don't overtrain!"
Burgener: "There's no overtraining, only underrecovery" --> sleep, rest & recover
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 06-10-2009, 06:07 PM
gatinha's Avatar
gatinha gatinha is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 18
Send a message via AIM to gatinha
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti View Post
This whoosh effect is what im hoping my wife is having very soon.

She's on her 2nd week of RFL, and even with a deficit of 1000+ cals/daily she's not down a pound at the moment. First week pre refeed she was down a few pounds (she really seems adept at holding the water), but then after refeed she went back up those pounds and they havent come off yet.

Sadly she's one of those types who are highly discouraged by the scale, so it's not happy times at the moment.

So, to see if I could help, I pulled out the tape measure and showed her that her arms have gone down in size. She also does know that her pants are looser too, but the scale not moving still gnaws at her.
You can let your wife know that she's not alone... I'm in the same boat.
I lost about 5-6 lbs my first week pre-refeed ,and then saw the scale go back up about 4 lbs post-refeed. I know I'm the type to retain alot of water, but I'm a couple days into my second week, and still the scale hasn't budged.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 06-10-2009, 07:52 PM
Radaar's Avatar
Radaar Radaar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatinha View Post
You can let your wife know that she's not alone... I'm in the same boat.
I lost about 5-6 lbs my first week pre-refeed ,and then saw the scale go back up about 4 lbs post-refeed. I know I'm the type to retain alot of water, but I'm a couple days into my second week, and still the scale hasn't budged.


Give it at least 4 weeks...women have an especially hard time with water weight fluctuations, especially around the time of their period.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 06-15-2009, 09:03 AM
Darth Pooh Darth Pooh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 287
Default

Well, I'm not a woman... and I've been doing UD2 for 5 weeks now.

Things were going well until my 4th week... I've gotten very squishy and loose in my stomach (more so than normal). This past carb-load (this past weekend), I ended up actually gaining weight... started the carb-load around 184ish and this morning I was 186.

So with the gain and the squishy business, I've been feeling fairly defeated. Meh.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 06-15-2009, 09:11 AM
lylemcd's Avatar
lylemcd lylemcd is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 22,680
Default

Give it 2-3 days.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 06-15-2009, 09:39 AM
Darth Pooh Darth Pooh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
Give it 2-3 days.
Thanks for the support... I wasn't giving up by any means either.

Just beat up on myself more than I normally need to sometimes (it didn't help that I probably went over by about 100 grams of carbs on this past carb load on the high end >7.4g/lb lmm).

I am thinking of doing a dry carb load this week if the squish isn't gone by Wednesday/Thursday. By dry, how much fluid should I limit myself to?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 06-15-2009, 10:02 AM
hexx's Avatar
hexx hexx is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
Thanks for the support... I wasn't giving up by any means either.

Just beat up on myself more than I normally need to sometimes (it didn't help that I probably went over by about 100 grams of carbs on this past carb load on the high end >7.4g/lb lmm).

I am thinking of doing a dry carb load this week if the squish isn't gone by Wednesday/Thursday. By dry, how much fluid should I limit myself to?
End your carb load with 3 shots of vodka. Chase with JD. Works well enough for me. Keep in mind you are sacrificing some strength because being a big bloated watery whale (Rosie O'Donnell) helps with strength.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.