BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-15-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexx View Post
End your carb load with 3 shots of vodka. Chase with JD. Works well enough for me. Keep in mind you are sacrificing some strength because being a big bloated watery whale (Rosie O'Donnell) helps with strength.
I hope this squishy is indeed the water in the fat cell... what is your multiplier for your carb load? I usually use 6.5 -7.0 depending on how hungry I am. If so, do you count those alcohol carbs towards your carb load totals? Or it's just whatever?
Unread 06-15-2009, 11:26 AM

It's not necessarily water in the cell, it could be subcutaneous as well (sugary carb loads, and genetic dispositions to carbs from certain sources). I have LBM of ~160 and I usually aim for around 1000g carbs, but I've been bored at home a few days and have eaten myself sick (1400+ if you can believe it) and still lost weight weekly. Extra watery in those cases though. I wouldn't count alcohol calories towards anything because based on personal experience and some scientific papers, ethanol (Read: Hard Liquor with low carbs, not girly sugary I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.) is handled strangely by the body (probably due to an extreme Thermic effect) and pretty much never leads to fat gain.

Last edited by hexx : 06-15-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Unread 06-22-2009, 06:21 AM

Well this week was interesting... didn't do the alcohol because I went to my cabinet and there was nothing in there and by the time I had looked... State Stores were closed. Ah well...

Carb Load went well... Strength was amazing. Still a bit squishy yet even moreso, the scale still hates me @ 186 lbs as of this morning (same weight as last Monday). I hope it'll just all catch up within the week.
Unread 08-20-2009, 11:27 AM

does anyone ever get the whoosh during a diet break
Unread 08-20-2009, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyg View Post
does anyone ever get the whoosh during a diet break
That's actually fairly common.
Unread 08-20-2009, 11:44 AM

Just out of curiosity, has anyone noticed the whoosh phenomenon more in people who have never dieted before?

I ask because the first time in my life I started dieting (age 30, fat load) I didn't know what I was doing and I started eating 1200 calories a day. A week went by with no scale change. I dropped to 800 calories for a week. no change. then i dropped cals even lower and finally 2 1/2 weeks in the scale starting dropping like crazy.

I've dieted several times since then, but I have never had this happen since that first time....I was just wondering if anyone else has only experienced a whoosh on their first diet attempt.
Unread 08-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Administrator

I used to see weird stuff like this yeasr ago in beginners. So...maybe.
Unread 08-20-2009, 03:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyarms View Post
Just out of curiosity, has anyone noticed the whoosh phenomenon more in people who have never dieted before?

I ask because the first time in my life I started dieting (age 30, fat load) I didn't know what I was doing and I started eating 1200 calories a day. A week went by with no scale change. I dropped to 800 calories for a week. no change. then i dropped cals even lower and finally 2 1/2 weeks in the scale starting dropping like crazy.

I've dieted several times since then, but I have never had this happen since that first time....I was just wondering if anyone else has only experienced a whoosh on their first diet attempt.
It's the Newbie Woosh phenomenon. Like Newbie gains but in reverse.

Probably.
Unread 11-12-2009, 04:48 AM

quite lean right now, probably single digit, and ive noticed my fat getting very squishy and liquidy in the past 2 weeks. visually, i dont see any fat reduction, but my fat is definitely more wobbly to the touch. will let you guys know what its like in a couple of weeks. I have a feeling my skin is a bit loose, and as it tightens up in the next month I should be seeing more definition.

in the meantime, i will continue to play with my fat - its kinda like a portable extra liquidy water bed.
Unread 11-23-2009, 07:35 PM

I heard alcohol being discussed. You mean it's possible to drink during a refeed? Red wine pretty please?