BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-10-2016, 08:44 AM

Default Getting to 15% from 20%

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time posting, though I've read the forum before - even before I decided to sign up.

Background: I've been on a pretty nice weight loss stint over the last few years. I've never been a skinny person, nor an obese person. I've typically been in that overweight/husky or whatever you want to call it. I've always been into sports and lifted weights on & off for years now. Due to my own neglect and my horrible means of dealing with stress from work/life (and lack of any physical activity during these times) I ballooned up. It wasn't until I bought a scale (gasp, self monitoring is important) that I realized I was at 141.5kg (312lbs).

Absolutely embarrassing to make it to that point, but stoically knew that I can only act in the situation I was in. From that point on until two weeks ago, I dropped to 84.15kg (185.5lbs), which is over 125lbs lost. Ya.

I'm still embarrassed to say I lost 125lbs. Some people wear it with a badge of honor, but it's a reminder of how mentally weak and neglectful I was.

Now: As of two weeks ago I took a much needed diet break. The progress has been slow and frustrating as of late. Whether my body needed the break or my mind - it was somewhat helpful. Though I've cut it a little short (10 days) just because the longer mental break isn't turning out to be that helpful.

Goal: The plan is to get my BF% below 15%, so I can give UD2.0 a go.

As far as I've come and how much I'd like to think I'm leaner than I am, I know I sit roughly 20%. Veins are popping out of my body where they never have been before, but the love handle and lower ab area is still too thick.

Plan: Straight deficit. I bought some ephedrine HCL and going to give the EC stack a try. I'm hoping it will allow me to work with larger deficits - something I had to give up this year for something more tolerable.

---------
Starting Weight: 86.95kg (191.7lbs) - Part of this 3kg jump is water from sodium intake.

I'm pretty routine based, so I'll keep this log up to date - which seems to help with consistency and accountability.
Unread 08-11-2016, 06:39 AM

Day One - Complete

1135 Calories, 179g Protein
EC Stack: 8mg/185mg (Once)
No gym

First time with an EC stack. Just tried one pill (8mg) and had a coffee in the morning (20oz). Everything went fine today. Very minor jitters, but that's about it. Next I'll try two doses of 8g/100mg. This time I'll take the caffeine pill and just have a decaf coffee.

With such low calories it was a rougher day with hunger. I didn't really get any appetite suppressant characteristics from the small dosage I took. Hopefully when I get to three doses daily - even at half - will help.

--
I realize in my original post I forgot to mention a few things.

6'-0" height
I'll weigh in weekly for this journal, though I normally do it every two weeks. I don't see the point of daily.
Lastly, due to my planned lower calories I'm going to follow the pattern of workout, rest, rest, workout...
Unread 08-11-2016, 09:50 AM

You can regret that you got so heavy and also be grateful that you found it within yourself to change. It might take both to reach your goal.

As somebody who has been banging his head against the Cat 2 wall for a long time, my only meaningful advice is that <20% is where those without great genes start to have to get scientific. You may not yet need a complicated Cat 1 style strategy, but where my own move from, say,30% to 20% was basically about incremental changes and behavioral stuff, getting any leaner has always meant logging macros, scheduling and tracking workouts, and dramatically limiting my food choices.

And drugs, frankly, but it looks like you're all over that.

Good luck.
Unread 08-11-2016, 06:28 PM

Day Two - Complete

1244 Calories, 185g Protein
EC Stack: 2x 8mg/100mg
No gym - Walk

Today I did two takes with the EC stack at 8mg/100mg. I decided to just go with the caffeine pill today and just get a decaf coffee. No jitters today. In fact, I felt nothing. I'm hoping when I work myself up to 20/200 I'll get some of that appetite suppressant symptoms. I'm not used to cals this low and the only part of the day I wasn't hungry was when I was drinking my coffee and when I took in a lot of chicken.

Tomorrow I have a gym day, also planning 3x 8mg/100mg. I have a client meeting in the morning, so I'm pretty happy that I'm not experiencing any side effects at least at this quantity.

Sam Hell Jr.

Thanks for the advice. I realize I do have to put more steps into action as I've got to this point. In 2016, I've lost 13 pounds. It doesn't sound too bad, but that's less than 2lbs a month. I'm sure it's fine at that pace, but it turns into a slow grind. So I'm hoping this new approach will help speed things up.
Unread 08-12-2016, 04:14 PM

Hi mate. I'm doing the same thing you are, sorta. Trying to get to the 15% mark.

I can relate to what you said about being a embarassed of having lost weight, I've felt it too.

I was very overweight a few years ago. Then I lost weight and got down to 168 lbs which for me was 15%. That's my all time leanest. The thing is I regained the weight slowly over the last two years and that's a big source of shame to me. When I posted pictures in my log, I had to force myself to do it, only to make myself accountable.

Anyway, I've lost ~10lbs, I'm about 5lbs away from 15%. This time I'm doing it slower, 1lb/every 10 days eating 2500kcal/day. Last time I was eating around 1700kcal and losing a bit over 2lbs/wk.

Back in 2013 I didn't need refeeds to get to 15%, and this time I'm doing alright so far, so I don't know at which point they'll become necessary. You did good taking a diet break, and I'm sure you'll see the sodium weight come off in the next weigh in.

I'll be following your log and wish you good luck!

Last edited by Luke94 : 08-12-2016 at 04:16 PM.
Unread 08-12-2016, 08:26 PM

Day Three Complete

1900 Calories/180g Protein
EC Stack: 3x 8mg/100mg
Gym - Full body workout

Well last night I had a miserable sleep. It was unrelated to the EC stack. I was just hungry and my body wasn't too happy with it. I didn't eat or anything, but the sleep was miserable. I usually get up early to go to the gym, but I needed to get more sleep. Normally, I'd just go, but with an important meeting I needed the extra sleep. Meeting went fine. Just like I work at the gym and with my diet to improve myself, I think I should go to Toastmasters and work on my communication skills.

I went to the gym at lunch time and I did have breakfast in my system with some carbs. And wow, that was a rough workout. I've never ate such low calories before and then go workout. I think I experienced the grief of what UD2 depletion workouts will be like - and that's with far less work. The body was just empty and my muscles were not happy. I did get through it.

Today was my first day with 3x 8mg/100mg EC stack. Not noticing a thing at this dosage. Hard to tell if I'm feeling a little of the appetite suppressant effects as I did eat more today and no real strong feelings of hunger. I don't plan on keeping my calories this low. I'm mainly doing it to get a jump start and I'm very curious to see how much the EC stack will help.

Tomorrow, the plan is to take 1x 16mg/200mg. I'll follow the same pattern as before, 1 dose, then 2, then 3. Until I get to 20mg/200mg three times a day. If I don't notice much (or anything) with the one dose tomorrow I'll probably go for a second.

---

Luke94, thanks for your comment. I'm glad we're on the same journey, you're much closer than me to the 15% goal. I can admire the 2500k/day. It makes life easier to balance. I was eating more for most of the year, but I found the grind of weight loss to be annoying. It worked out to a little less than 2lbs/month at roughly 2100k/day.

I think my embarrassment with my weight loss, is more about how people perceive me now (damn that sounds insecure lol). The people around me see me as someone that watches what he eats, doesn't over consume and someone that works out/active regularly. But the mention of a large weight loss just erases such a perception. And it's a reminder of my overall neglect. I don't even have a lame excuse to blame it on, I just didn't care to pay attention. But yeah, I'll get over it because it's better than the other way around.

All the best on your journey. You're only 5 short weeks away.
Unread 08-13-2016, 08:27 PM

Day 4 Complete

1214 Calories/183g Protein
EC Stack: 1x16mg/185mg, 2x16mg/200mg
Gym Off

I started out with my EC stack today 16mg+20oz coffee. All was good, didn't feel a thing. Decided on a second, again didn't experience any side effects. Went for a third. I did feel a little flush and jittery for about an hour or so after that last dose. I can't tell if my apartment is just hot or if I'm flush. I'll assume it's a little of both.

However, I think I may be feeling the appetite suppressing effects at this dosage. I guess it could be the increased calories from yesterday, but I definitely wasn't feeling hunger for how much I ate. I actually had to make myself go eat. I'm going to run this dosage for a few more days before bumping to 20mg/200mg.

Other than that, nothing else to report. I'm merely executing the plan.

---

I've been thinking about my diet and the more long term of it. I was thinking of following 1 week of this low calorie and the next week my more moderate deficit (the one I've been following all year) as it'll give me a chance to do more volume at the gym.

But I'm not 100% on that. I'll probably test it out, see how it progresses toward my goal.
Unread 08-14-2016, 03:48 AM
Banned

Since you're eating mainly protein (especially on low kcal days), you may experience loss of appetite after a while. It's an RFL symptom ;-)
Unread 08-14-2016, 05:15 PM

Day 5 Complete

1202 Calories/178g Protein
EC Stack: 1x16mg/185mg, 2x16mg/200mg
Gym Off, Tennis

Another day down. Still chomping down on chicken. EC Stack went normal today, didn't feel a thing. I did receive the same appetite suppressant effects.

I went to do a little light cardio by playing tennis. Nothing competitive, just hitting it over the net, but apparently I like to run a little too much for things because it wasn't too long until I felt like crap. Being empty sucks.

Nothing else to report. Just eating the very little I am.

---

Tomorrow is a gym day. I'm not exactly excited for it as I'll be so depleted, but I am looking forward to the increased calories and carbs.

semipartial, that's good to hear!
Unread 08-15-2016, 12:58 PM

I ended up measuring my blood pressure today. When I put all that weight on in the past, my blood pressure got really high. I was rolling around in the 145/110 territory. The 145 (systolic) is bad, but not bad bad. 110 (diastolic) is horrible, immediately get on medication.

Over most of my weight loss, the diastolic number has been the most stubborn. Once I started exercising and paying a little more attention to my sodium intake, my systolic reading dropped to something more manageable - 120ish. But my diastolic reading was always higher relatively speaking. I'd still be 120/100. I tried various medications and didn't experience any changes.

It was a big motivator in my weight loss. Even after I lost 50lbs, my diastolic was still stubborn at 90. Great improvement, but still high. After losing 100lbs, my diastolic was still around 90. It's low enough not to need medication and my BP goes way down low (I guess normal) when I sleep.

I probably should have measured myself prior to the EC stack, as it can raise your blood pressure. I haven't measured it since sometime in 2015. I measured it today.

Blood pressure readings bounce around a bit, but here's the range.

(103-113)/(74-76)

This is the lowest I've seen my blood pressure and well within the range of normal. And that's on an EC stack too!