BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Stubborn Fat Solution
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-26-2016, 12:07 PM

Default Stubborn fat or just fat?

Hello guys,

I am not sure what guys usually refer to when talking about stubborn belly fat, at what BF % is the belly fat "the last bit of fat" (anyone has good pics of stubborn fat)?

What BF% do i have here ? Is this stubborn fat or just fat? This pic i think is from when i had 85Kg at 187cm height and 90cm waist. I am currently at 82.7kg (down from 96.1Kg) , 89cm waist.

Tyvm !

Last edited by DGB11 : 08-26-2016 at 12:42 PM.
Unread 08-26-2016, 01:28 PM

In fact, if you've read the book, you'll see that belly fat isn't really 'stubborn' fat in the true sense.

Stubborn fat is the fat around the thighs and buttocks that mostly plagues female bodybuilders trying to get to single digits.

Getting ripped abs, in most cases, is really no more complicated than cutting for long enough until they become fully visible.

You just have a case of body fat being too high. Diet down to a genuine 10-12% and you'll look pretty lean.
Unread 08-26-2016, 02:09 PM

Ty for the reply,

I didn't buy the book yet, wasn't sure if i need it, that's why i asked about BF% and stubborn fat.

My concern was that my weight was going down for a while now without much drop in waistline measurements (body potentially "preferring" fat from other places to use for energy).

I did some low carb/IF/HIIT+fasted cardio ( like i heard as suggestions in a Stubborn Fat protocol podcast featuring Lyle himself to "inhibit the inhibitors", alpha) for the last 2 days and dropped 1.8Kg after a 2-3 week stall (water weight as my belly was very squishy) , but i am not sure if this is needed ATM or i should try a "stubborn fat protocol" approach even from higher BF% .
Unread 08-26-2016, 04:09 PM

You definitely do not need a 'stubborn fat' approach to lose fat around your midsection. You are not anywhere near lean enough for that sort of thing to be an issue right now.

Just get the calories right, and wait patiently for the results.
Unread 10-22-2016, 09:39 PM

When you get under 18-20% everything seems "stubborn" because it's hard to create a large deficit at a lower maintenance level and you're probably tired of dieting.

It's not "stubborn" in the way lyle is referring to it though. It's just annoying.

One thing that will help a lot is to start taking fish oil and only eating omega 3 fats when you can help it.

That way when you do get below 15% the fat stored away is easier to mobilize than if you were cheating with pizza, chips, etc.

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.
Unread 10-24-2016, 06:41 AM

hello. i a lm losing fat but alo muscle. my lifts have suffered.

is it ok to substitute arms and shoulders day with back or legs? i feel like i should do most compound exercises to get out of the cutting phase quickly.

how detrimentql is it not taking quick absorb protein like whey after a workout. im budgeting my calories and i allow everything in food.

also how detrimental is having 50 30 20 split of protein carbs fat macro vs the recommneded 40 40 20 here? i am cutting calories and infwel so sluggish because of this split.