BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 01-06-2017, 03:08 AM
zLeeKo's Avatar
zLeeKo zLeeKo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 512
Default Citrulline malate

Long story short, I ordered this supplement, since I need to cut the caffeine dosage due to recent anxiety attacks.

I know it might increase work capacity for endurance weenies. The NO/vasodilation thing is irrelevant (pump feels nice tho). Limited data of doing anything for strength or hypertrophy AFAIK. Found this on pubmed: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20386132
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25226311

Did anyone used it and in what dosage and find it usefull for improving hypertrophy training performance?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 01-06-2017, 03:17 AM
Determinism Determinism is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 258
Default

I've recently started using it as well (i.e. few days ago). I use ~3g pre and ~3g post workout. Still experimenting.

The main reason I use it, is to help with recovery and limit DOMS. When having DOMS my training quality decreases. CM should help a little.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 01-06-2017, 03:20 AM
zLeeKo's Avatar
zLeeKo zLeeKo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
I've recently started using it as well (i.e. few days ago). I use ~3g pre and ~3g post workout. Still experimenting.

The main reason I use it, is to help with recovery and limit DOMS. When having DOMS my training quality decreases. CM should help a little.
Ya, it's supposed to help with DOMS.

In studies they use 6-8g, but 3-4g also showed to be as effective.

Any particular reason you split the dosage that way?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 01-06-2017, 03:26 AM
Determinism Determinism is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zLeeKo View Post
Any particular reason you split the dosage that way?
Same reasoning as with creatine. Some people say before workout (to assist your training), some people say after workout (to assist recovery). It probably doesn't matter much.

I'm reasoning that even if there's a difference (for example, CM is completely 'used up' by your training), you have one extra dose post workout to ensure it helps with recovery. It's probably BS.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 01-06-2017, 03:29 AM
zLeeKo's Avatar
zLeeKo zLeeKo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 512
Default

Haha I like that reasoning. Best of both worlds. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 01-06-2017, 05:27 AM
quaddawg quaddawg is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Nashville
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zLeeKo View Post
Long story short, I ordered this supplement, since I need to cut the caffeine dosage due to recent anxiety attacks.

I know it might increase work capacity for endurance weenies. The NO/vasodilation thing is irrelevant (pump feels nice tho). Limited data of doing anything for strength or hypertrophy AFAIK. Found this on pubmed: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20386132
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25226311

Did anyone used it and in what dosage and find it usefull for improving hypertrophy training performance?
I've noticed slightly faster recovery when training more frequently. The best part is the surreal pump though, CM + carbs = massive and veiny
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 01-06-2017, 06:58 AM
zLeeKo's Avatar
zLeeKo zLeeKo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quaddawg View Post
I've noticed slightly faster recovery when training more frequently. The best part is the surreal pump though, CM + carbs = massive and veiny
Ah, the NO goodness.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 01-06-2017, 07:03 AM
Determinism Determinism is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 258
Default

Should it also be taken on rest days?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 01-06-2017, 07:10 AM
zLeeKo's Avatar
zLeeKo zLeeKo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
Should it also be taken on rest days?
Nah, it's just amino acid, no need to load it either (except it's L-citrulline).
__________________
"He never had the makings of a varsity athlete"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 01-06-2017, 07:17 AM
zLeeKo's Avatar
zLeeKo zLeeKo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 512
Default

^ Except you want to use it for health purposes, then it's fine to take it on rest days.
__________________
"He never had the makings of a varsity athlete"
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.