BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-19-2017, 09:38 AM

Default Any benefit to taking t3 for an indefinite period?

I've been on t3 pretty much for over a year now, and in terms of energy and everything I feel pretty great. I have like 3 years worth of this stuff and I've been running 25mcg ED and I don't intend to go higher than that and risk the cause of potential LBM loss. Is there any detriment to running t3 long term like this? All the studies I've read on this claim that natural production will return 2-5 weeks after stopping and the 25mcg feels like such a nice sweet spot.
Unread 02-19-2017, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredordie View Post
I've been on t3 pretty much for over a year now, and in terms of energy and everything I feel pretty great. I have like 3 years worth of this stuff and I've been running 25mcg ED and I don't intend to go higher than that and risk the cause of potential LBM loss. Is there any detriment to running t3 long term like this? All the studies I've read on this claim that natural production will return 2-5 weeks after stopping and the 25mcg feels like such a nice sweet spot.
Are you taking t3 for a known issue, i.e. did you do blood work before? If you are taking it for a specific indication that is a different thing than just taking it for fat loss. Also, what do you mean 25 mcg feels like a nice sweet spot?
Unread 02-19-2017, 01:25 PM

well my thyroid levels were on the low end of the normal ranges when I got it tested, so no doctor over here would ever think of putting me on exogenous hormones.. And having been a former severely overweight person in the past, my metabolic adaptive state took a hit in terms of BMR/RMR. When I say sweet spot, I'm basically referring to how I feel on a day to day basis and also in terms of body composition. I don't want to risk going over 25mcg and compromise lean tissue, but I feel there has been some benefit to sticking at said dosage. Im not worried about my normal levels coming back after I discontinue usage, I just wanted to know if theres was any detrimental effects in using it for an indefinite period?
Unread 02-19-2017, 02:38 PM
Administrator

You have answered your own question twice already

YOU feel better on it than withyout

What's the issue?
Unread 02-20-2017, 08:20 AM

How do you get T3 without a prescription?? Is it one of the meds sold "on the black market"?
Unread 03-08-2017, 08:35 PM

More like grey market, but yeah. Easily purchased from overseas and very much not on anybody's radar. Always a risk of getting your address flagged but the only consequence to that is you can't order more stuff you shouldn't be.