BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-13-2017, 08:25 PM

13th April 2017
ERFL Day Three

Protein: 101/111g
Exercise: 14/35kms

It seems like I can't get over the 14 - 18km mark.
I guess that's fine since my weight is still moving down and my food isn't as ideal as it should be anyway.

During my immediate follow up with RFL, I think I will do another ERFL in the final weeks, but I will do it when I'm not plagued by my female issues and I can actually exercise properly without the discomfort.

Unread 04-14-2017, 12:49 AM

18km = 11 miles= 1000+ cals deficit. The cardio is just fine for a smaller female to generate great results; protein intake sucks.
Unread 04-14-2017, 05:08 PM

14th April 2017
ERFL Day Four

Protein: 192/111g
Exercise: 7/35kms

Last day of ERFL was basically a disaster. Exercise was minimal. I overate so hard last night for no reason whatsoever. Heaps of Chocolate, Double Quarter Pounder with no Bun and Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad. 2000+ calories for nothing. I felt okay, I'm not sure even why it happened. Yeah, my body has been exhausted, but I still could have gotten through it.

I failed at ERFL - I still lost weight, but what I was doing, was not on plan. It sucks because I know I could have done it, if I was more focused on the task at hand. I never hit 111g of Protein (apart from the binge) and I never hit 35km of Walking.

So disappointed in eating the excess. I literally do not have time to waste in losing as much as I possibly can in these next 5 weeks.

Unread 04-14-2017, 05:22 PM

ERFL RESULTS
11th April 2017 - 14th April 2017

Weight Lost
4.7kg/10.34lbs

Inches Lost
Chest: 1 Inches
Waist: 2 Inches
Hips: 1.5 Inches

ERFL Compliance
FAIL.
I never hit my Protein or Exercise goals and I binged on the last night.

Review
Absolute fail. I did not hit my Protein or my Exercise goals at any given time, apart from overeating on the last night. This was a abysmal attempt with terrible compliance since it would have only been 4 days of commitment. I will revisit this again in the next 5 weeks and really put in 110% now that I know the challenges ERFL poses for me personally.

I am severely disappointed in myself.

Last edited by LL4L : 04-14-2017 at 05:35 PM.
Unread 04-18-2017, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL4L View Post
ERFL RESULTS

Weight Lost
4.7kg/10.34lbs

Inches Lost

ERFL Compliance
FAIL.
I never hit my Protein or Exercise goals and I binged on the last night.

Review
Absolute fail. I did not hit my Protein or my Exercise goals at any given time, apart from overeating on the last night. This was a abysmal attempt with terrible compliance since it would have only been 4 days of commitment. I will revisit this again in the next 5 weeks and really put in 110% now that I know the challenges ERFL poses for me personally.

I am severely disappointed in myself.
I would highly recommend another plan. Starving yourself and lots of cardio one day then no exercise and binging the next is pointless.
Unread 04-19-2017, 06:51 PM

I would not think this is a failure because you lose over 10lbs in just 3 days. ERFL is tough on both the body and the mind. The second time will eve be better since you learned what would work for you and what to expect.
W3: 187
Unread 05-25-2017, 04:49 PM

ERFL Results

Weight Lost
4.7kg/10.34lbs

Inches Lost

RFL Results
15th April 2017 - 23rd May 2017

Weight Lost
6.2kg/11.44lbs

Inches Lost
Chest: 2 Inches
Hips: 2.5 Inches
Unread 05-25-2017, 04:58 PM

All done and I reached my weight goal before my birthday WIN.

ALSO, I would love to compete in a Bikini Competition around Feb 2018. I have a long way to go but I don't think it's impossible.

Does anyone have experience with this? I think I'll follow RFL to cut again, but is there anything else I should read?
Unread 06-18-2017, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL4L View Post
All done and I reached my weight goal before my birthday WIN.

ALSO, I would love to compete in a Bikini Competition around Feb 2018. I have a long way to go but I don't think it's impossible.

Does anyone have experience with this? I think I'll follow RFL to cut again, but is there anything else I should read?
amazing! bravo
Unread 06-19-2017, 04:01 AM

Congrats on hitting your goal. Could you give me a quick summary of ERFL and its difference from RFL?
I've a few of Lyle's books that are probably not far off a decade old and ERFL wasn't one of them.

I think you've been overly harsh on yourself in previous posts. You're never going to achieve dieting perfection all the time.

The way I look at it is some days I'll do well, some days (damn, weeks, months and years in fact) i might do badly. We are just generally trying to add a few to the good days and take away a few from the bad days.
A detached observing of 'yeah, that was a bad day/week/month (which I'm always going to experience) but lets start again tomorrow.'

I'm big on mindfulness meditation and in mediation you're essentially ALWAYS failing in a way. e.g. you've got the goal of keeping your focus on a certain thing (your breath, certain images or whatever) and you're always failing as it's almost impossible not to be distracted a large portion of the time (it's just the nature of the brain). The trick about meditation is to be focused on keep starting again and again and again. Eventually with all this starting again you do develop more control and get better at the process but you'll never be perfect. I think the same is true with dieting. Focus on the starting again and don't judge yourself so harshly. You've done really well and you hit your goal eventually even if you did have a wee trip up on ERFL. Focus on eternally starting again. Sorry for the long post but the language you used to refer to yourself I thought needed called out. All the best and good luck with your goals :-)