BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-21-2014, 05:09 PM

This might be a stupid question, but I just want to make sure. Will reaching your genetic muscular potential mean you have "maxed out" both your upper and lower body? Or could you "sacrifice" your legs by only training the upper body to reach a higher degree of muscle mass vs if you had really developed legs? I hope this makes sense. In essence I am asking if you could "sacrifice" some muscle in one area by stopping to train it and gain more in another area until you are at the same lean muscle mass again.

Like could someone in theory reach their genetic muscular potential by only training and building up their arms and nothing else? And would that result in bigger gains in arms vs someone who gains muscle in all bodyparts?
Unread 02-08-2015, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hejohoo View Post
This might be a stupid question, but I just want to make sure. Will reaching your genetic muscular potential mean you have "maxed out" both your upper and lower body? Or could you "sacrifice" your legs by only training the upper body to reach a higher degree of muscle mass vs if you had really developed legs? I hope this makes sense. In essence I am asking if you could "sacrifice" some muscle in one area by stopping to train it and gain more in another area until you are at the same lean muscle mass again.

Like could someone in theory reach their genetic muscular potential by only training and building up their arms and nothing else? And would that result in bigger gains in arms vs someone who gains muscle in all bodyparts?
Don't have time to get into why, but no that is not how it works.