BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-22-2009, 07:19 PM

So you say that it takes 7 days to normalize leptin and up to 14 to max out.

Does that mean a full diet break can be as short as 1 week (if time constraints are an issue), or does it have to be 2 weeks.

Cat 1 dieter here following the every 4-6week logic.

Thanks.
Unread 11-22-2009, 07:35 PM
Administrator

Why do I bother writing this

"The idea of a full diet break, in short, is that it’s a period, typically 10-14 days where explicit dieting is stopped. "
Unread 11-22-2009, 10:49 PM

Sorry, that's what I thought. I was just thrown off by the 7 day mention (didn't know if that was an inferred minimum, but now I know 10-14 is correct.

Thanks!
Unread 12-01-2009, 08:44 AM

Hey Lyle,

I know I've been bugging the heck out of you with questions, and I appreciate all your help. Thank you!!! After feeling pretty crappy this week, and last week, I've decided it's a good time to hit maintenance for at least two weeks. Plus I'm either getting sick or just feeling really run down. Either way, maintenance is in order.

Now according to your 'diet break' article, you suggest a minimum of 100-150g carbs for maintenance. What about protein and fat? Any specific breakdowns you recommend? I'm 130 lbs.

I'm plugging my maintenance cals on the lower end (14xBW) to account for any metabolic slowdown. But what if I only train one or two other days this week, or not for the rest of the week (if I'm still feeling crappy)? Should I still keep cals at 14xBW?

Thanks!
Unread 12-01-2009, 09:12 AM
Administrator

1. Set calories
2. Set protein (1-1.5 g/lb LBM)
3. Set carbs (minimum 140-150 grams)
4. Set fat (as the balance)

just like always.
Unread 12-01-2009, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
1. Set calories
2. Set protein (1-1.5 g/lb LBM)
3. Set carbs (minimum 140-150 grams)
4. Set fat (as the balance)

just like always.
Okay and if my physical activity is limited for the week, is 14xBW still a good number to start with?
Unread 12-01-2009, 01:22 PM

Going slightly above maintenance, especially when you're feeling a little run down, can only be helpful - so stop stressing over this. 14 x BW is close enough.
Unread 12-01-2009, 05:39 PM

Thanks Blade, and Lyle
Unread 12-02-2009, 06:22 PM

I just wondered if it where inportant to be in caloric balance each and every day, or if it just matters that you are in overall balance for those two weeks?

Yesterday, first day at maintance and today i had so intens cravings that I ended up with a totalt of 1800 kcal surplus all in all for those two days. I wondered if I could compensate for that, say on sunday/monday or something? Or would that affect the stabilization of the hormons?
Unread 12-02-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero View Post
I just wondered if it where inportant to be in caloric balance each and every day, or if it just matters that you are in overall balance for those two weeks?

Yesterday, first day at maintance and today i had so intens cravings that I ended up with a totalt of 1800 kcal surplus all in all for those two days. I wondered if I could compensate for that, say on sunday/monday or something? Or would that affect the stabilization of the hormons?
I think what Lyle, and some of the other participants in this thread were getting at, is that a diet break is more than just physiological - it's psychological too. So stressing over "over-eating" one day won't do any good, and attempting to counteract it by undereating would probably just make it worse.