BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-03-2009, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles.Buckley View Post
I never run out of EC - I buy ephedrine by the Kg.
Myles, during the full diet break you keep EC the same. What about Bromo, does it stay the same for you or do you raise or lower it. Still 7.5 a day?
Unread 12-03-2009, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitnesschicky View Post
I think what Lyle, and some of the other participants in this thread were getting at, is that a diet break is more than just physiological - it's psychological too. So stressing over "over-eating" one day won't do any good, and attempting to counteract it by undereating would probably just make it worse.
You sure on that? I am not really that concerned with the 1800 kcal surplus, but i still want to compensate and is indeed going to do so if it does not harm the stabilization of the hormons in any way.

I am also interessted in this becaus i want to be in a surplus on two-three of my workout days just to gain a lill bit, and compensate for them in week nr 2.
Unread 12-03-2009, 09:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero View Post
You sure on that? I am not really that concerned with the 1800 kcal surplus, but i still want to compensate and is indeed going to do so if it does not harm the stabilization of the hormons in any way.

I am also interessted in this becaus i want to be in a surplus on two-three of my workout days just to gain a lill bit, and compensate for them in week nr 2.
Did you read teh article on the issue, have you read what i said in my books. The above is trying to still diet. That's not a full break.
Unread 12-03-2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
The above is trying to still diet. That's not a full break.
Thats what I asked for. If a break had to be a break each and every day, and not just contain a certain number of total kcal(maintance) ingested for two weeks.

The difference is relevant and the answer was not obvious I think.

To explain it in another way: from day 1 on break until the 14'th the total number of kcal answer to maintance each and every day, even thought some days where high and some days were low. Is there an explanation to why(and if) that is inferior to doing maintance each and every day?

I understand it if there is, I am just wondering.

Last edited by Nero : 12-03-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Unread 12-03-2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero View Post
Thats what I asked for. If a break had to be a break each and every day, and not just contain a certain number of total kcal(maintance) ingested for two weeks.

The difference is relevant and the answer was not obvious I think.

To explain it in another way: from day 1 on break until the 14'th the total number of kcal answer to maintance each and every day, even thought some days where high and some days were low. Is there an explanation to why(and if) that is inferior to doing maintance each and every day?

I understand it if there is, I am just wondering.
Because it takes a week to re-regulate hormones and two weeks to optimize them. You can't expect a plant to live if you water the heck out of it just once in a while. It won't wither and die right away, but eventually it's gonna die. It needs a stable source of nutrients.

Feel free to chime in if my analogy is incorrect, Lyle. That's just how I've guaged this whole 'diet break' thing from reading your articles.
Unread 12-04-2009, 07:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to djtheory9 Send a message via Skype™ to djtheory9

i see the full 2-week break as a recharging period. i used to be paranoid about gaining weight back on breaks. but after experiencing some really good results with breaks incorporated. my psych is good =]
Unread 12-04-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtheory9 View Post
i see the full 2-week break as a recharging period. i used to be paranoid about gaining weight back on breaks. but after experiencing some really good results with breaks incorporated. my psych is good =]
Glad to hear this! So far break is going well and I haven't been all too paranoid about calls. I set it up for 14xbw as the goal, but if I go a little over, I haven't freaked out. The only thing I freak out on is when I'm not training, like today. Took the day off because I'm feeling really run down. I naturally get scared with no training and lots of carbs, but if I go up a lb or two it's not a big deal if it helps me in the long-run right?
Unread 12-04-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Glad to hear this! So far break is going well and I haven't been all too paranoid about calls. I set it up for 14xbw as the goal, but if I go a little over, I haven't freaked out. The only thing I freak out on is when I'm not training, like today. Took the day off because I'm feeling really run down. I naturally get scared with no training and lots of carbs, but if I go up a lb or two it's not a big deal if it helps me in the long-run right?
yup, exactly right. and IF with maintenance is even cooler .

i also notice the leaner i get, the shorter my diet cycles get. JC suggested to me its def due to how hormones work as u get leaner. (and pretty much lyle has stressed this.)
Unread 12-04-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtheory9 View Post
yup, exactly right. and IF with maintenance is even cooler .

i also notice the leaner i get, the shorter my diet cycles get. JC suggested to me its def due to how hormones work as u get leaner. (and pretty much lyle has stressed this.)
LOL does the fact that I had to sit through an unexpected 4-hour long meeting a work count as IF?
Unread 12-04-2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:
LOL does the fact that I had to sit through an unexpected 4-hour long meeting a work count as IF?

haha maybeee . only martin knows!