BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-03-2009, 06:16 PM

Do the types of carbs matter when your goal is to gain LBM?
Unread 07-03-2009, 08:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian_A View Post
Do you think you could you screw up the alpha inhibition in the stubborn fat solution by having 90g/day, but all in the space of 5 hours?

"3-4 days of Constant exposure to fatty acids" etc...
Who knows but why would you do that in the first place?
Unread 07-03-2009, 09:48 PM

who knows? I haven't.
Unread 07-03-2009, 10:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Do you think you could you screw up the alpha inhibition in the stubborn fat solution by having 90g/day, but all in the space of 5 hours? "3-4 days of Constant exposure to fatty acids" etc...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
Who knows but why would you do that in the first place?
Quote:
How bad do you think it is to do a brief PSMF with this schedule:

-24hrs awake with EC
-12hrs asleep
-24hrs awake ... etc
Quote:
Sleep deprivation = bad. the above is asinine.
Quote:
I get tired of hearing the same things discussed over and over, so I thought I'd toss out a novel idea. Don't worry though, I've moved on to other ideas.
Can't wait to hear more of your "ideas".
Unread 07-04-2009, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david View Post
Can't wait to hear more of your "ideas".
here's a few:

1) how about all of you shut up and think before you speak so I don't have to wade through so much bullI need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post. to get some info here?

2) how about you tell me all you know about this phenomenon, rather than do what so many of you weak I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.s do on these forums, and follow the leader with some waste of space remark?

3) how about you think about all of the reasons I might have asked a question like this, and compare it to the things you yourself ask and discuss on this forum?

4) I briefly experimented with an altered schedule. My question wasn't "is this a great idea", but "how bad do you think this is?". You don't know my situation, you don't know how i did it, and you apparently didn't care to take a cursory glance at the world around you before deciding that this was a particularly noteworthy form of dangerous behavior.

...I think this was you:
"Oh, don't get me wrong. I screwed around with Lyle's RFL diet mercilessly. Experimenting is fun. Just don't blame him if it fails."

I can forgive some I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post. from Lyle, who has worked hard for years, and has to deal with I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.ers like you all day ('admin', I know, but it doesn't change much). But it's barely tolerable when the rest of you start picking up his mannerisms, and worse still, pretending you've done any honest intellectual labor in your life.
Unread 07-04-2009, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Do the types of carbs matter when your goal is to gain LBM?
Glucose should be preferred over tons of fructose and sucrose, but as to low vs. high GI, simple vs. complex, or whatever you want to call it, no.

Depending on how many cals you need to eat total, it may be easier to eat faster digesting carbs and relatively less fiber (think white bread instead of whole grain) simply because that may make it easier to eat more.

Like Lyle wrote in the article though, health should also be a concern, and there a lot of studies showing whole grains and whatnot are good for us.
Unread 07-04-2009, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTrainer View Post
Glucose should be preferred over tons of fructose and sucrose, but as to low vs. high GI, simple vs. complex, or whatever you want to call it, no.

Depending on how many cals you need to eat total, it may be easier to eat faster digesting carbs and relatively less fiber (think white bread instead of whole grain) simply because that may make it easier to eat more.

Like Lyle wrote in the article though, health should also be a concern, and there a lot of studies showing whole grains and whatnot are good for us.
Aren't whole grains one of the best sources of zinc? And we need zinc for swolomones
I would bet stuff like this is important, not the type of carbs per se, but what we get with them.
Unread 07-04-2009, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank yangs left quad View Post
Aren't whole grains one of the best sources of zinc? And we need zinc for swolomones
I would bet stuff like this is important, not the type of carbs per se, but what we get with them.
If you want zinc, eat red meat

"There's food and there's what food eats" - any Texan

Meat is food.
Grains are what food eats.
Unread 07-04-2009, 10:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
"There's food and there's what food eats" - any Texan
Epic!
Unread 07-04-2009, 11:53 AM
Administrator

This is also why, as I told a friend yesterday, cows are technically vegetables. Since that's what they eat, it's a little known fact that they simply concentrate all of the vegetable matter into their delicious cow flesh. so when you eat a burger, it covers meat and vegetable intakes.

Yes, I am joking.