BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Unread 02-02-2010, 04:31 PM
lylemcd's Avatar
lylemcd lylemcd is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 23,178
Default

Either primaforce or the 1fast400 house brand.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 02-04-2010, 05:50 AM
banderbe banderbe is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,230
Default

I keep seeing people stacking l-tyrosine with the Y/C. Is this worth while and if so what's the recommended dose? Any reason it isn't addressed in the FAQ?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 02-04-2010, 09:12 AM
deerhunter98's Avatar
deerhunter98 deerhunter98 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southwest, VA
Posts: 158
Default

Is a YC more effective with low intensity cardio (120s), high intensity cardio (160s), or perhaps a little of both? I took my first YC this morning, fasted w/ 1/2 dose as suggested and did a 30 min session of what I consider Low Intensity (10% incline walk on treadmill W/HR @ 125 - 140). I would like some suggestions how to approach this. I have searched through numerous posts and can't seem to find this.
__________________
"Work and you will be strong, sit and you will stink" - Morrocan
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 02-04-2010, 09:31 AM
mikemck's Avatar
mikemck mikemck is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Belfast
Posts: 67
Default

Lyle, I took yohimbine and caffeine for the first time as per your recommended dose of 7.5mg/100mg. I done a 50min moderate cardio session ave 145bpm and felt fine. So I will use this stack on wed/thurs cardio sessions from now on. My question is how much should I increase the dose each time so I can work my way up to the full recommended of 0.2mg/kg + 200mg caffeine?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 02-04-2010, 09:33 AM
lylemcd's Avatar
lylemcd lylemcd is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 23,178
Default

Just go straight to a full dose.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Unread 02-04-2010, 09:41 AM
mikemck's Avatar
mikemck mikemck is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Belfast
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
Just go straight to a full dose.
Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Unread 02-04-2010, 10:15 AM
jigglypuffs's Avatar
jigglypuffs jigglypuffs is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerhunter98 View Post
Is a YC more effective with low intensity cardio (120s), high intensity cardio (160s), or perhaps a little of both? I took my first YC this morning, fasted w/ 1/2 dose as suggested and did a 30 min session of what I consider Low Intensity (10% incline walk on treadmill W/HR @ 125 - 140). I would like some suggestions how to approach this. I have searched through numerous posts and can't seem to find this.
More effective at what? Fat loss?
The YC is to target alpha-2 fat mobility, the exercise is then to try and take advantage of the FFA in the bloodstream that are in theory then from said alpha-2 sites.

Doing exercise is more effective than not - that's easy to say.

As for what type of exercise, there's other things to consider - and it is all in Lyles SFP book (which is fantastic). In there he both says that for males "just" doing low intensity is probably enough, but doing a mix of both in a specific way is in theory better specifically for alpha-2 type fat, but again not required.

If you aren't dieting down to low percentages (5%), then I'm positive it just doesn't matter (including using YC at all).
__________________
The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself. And bears.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Unread 02-04-2010, 10:18 AM
jigglypuffs's Avatar
jigglypuffs jigglypuffs is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by banderbe View Post
I keep seeing people stacking l-tyrosine with the Y/C. Is this worth while and if so what's the recommended dose? Any reason it isn't addressed in the FAQ?

Thanks!
I believe the YC dose would remain constant, and the l-tyrosine would be the same as what is suggested in the UD2 book.
I could see how the l-tyrosine would potentiate the caffeine, but off the top of my head don't know how it would on the yohimbe.

As for how much it matters, if it isn't in the FAQ or specifically described otherwise, then it likely has minimal benefit/requirement - but from personal experience with l-tyrosine in general, I just like the stuff. Or rather, the side effects.
__________________
The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself. And bears.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Unread 02-04-2010, 10:35 AM
deerhunter98's Avatar
deerhunter98 deerhunter98 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southwest, VA
Posts: 158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglypuffs View Post
More effective at what? Fat loss?
The YC is to target alpha-2 fat mobility, the exercise is then to try and take advantage of the FFA in the bloodstream that are in theory then from said alpha-2 sites.

Doing exercise is more effective than not - that's easy to say.

As for what type of exercise, there's other things to consider - and it is all in Lyles SFP book (which is fantastic). In there he both says that for males "just" doing low intensity is probably enough, but doing a mix of both in a specific way is in theory better specifically for alpha-2 type fat, but again not required.

If you aren't dieting down to low percentages (5%), then I'm positive it just doesn't matter (including using YC at all).
I apologize for the vagueness. I meant to ask whether doing LISS or HITT cardio would increase the effectiveness of the YC in regards to "Fat Loss".
__________________
"Work and you will be strong, sit and you will stink" - Morrocan
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Unread 02-04-2010, 05:34 PM
BWTrainer BWTrainer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerhunter98 View Post
I apologize for the vagueness. I meant to ask whether doing LISS or HITT cardio would increase the effectiveness of the YC in regards to "Fat Loss".
You should be taking yohimbine everday anyway (unless you're doing an EOD type thing like banderbe). It's not a preworkout supplement per se, it just so happens that you can take it preworkout, provided you haven't eaten any calories and don't plan to eat any for few hours after. So this question is basically irrelevant if you're using it as directed - you'll be taking it regardless.

That said, did you read the FAQs? See Post 2, where Lyle says it can have an effect on HR, so taking it prior to HIIT might make your heart explode.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.