BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-02-2010, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Either primaforce or the 1fast400 house brand.
Unread 02-04-2010, 05:50 AM
Banned

I keep seeing people stacking l-tyrosine with the Y/C. Is this worth while and if so what's the recommended dose? Any reason it isn't addressed in the FAQ?

Thanks!
Unread 02-04-2010, 09:12 AM

Is a YC more effective with low intensity cardio (120s), high intensity cardio (160s), or perhaps a little of both? I took my first YC this morning, fasted w/ 1/2 dose as suggested and did a 30 min session of what I consider Low Intensity (10% incline walk on treadmill W/HR @ 125 - 140). I would like some suggestions how to approach this. I have searched through numerous posts and can't seem to find this.
Unread 02-04-2010, 09:31 AM

Lyle, I took yohimbine and caffeine for the first time as per your recommended dose of 7.5mg/100mg. I done a 50min moderate cardio session ave 145bpm and felt fine. So I will use this stack on wed/thurs cardio sessions from now on. My question is how much should I increase the dose each time so I can work my way up to the full recommended of 0.2mg/kg + 200mg caffeine?
Unread 02-04-2010, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Just go straight to a full dose.
Unread 02-04-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
Just go straight to a full dose.
Thanks
Unread 02-04-2010, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerhunter98 View Post
Is a YC more effective with low intensity cardio (120s), high intensity cardio (160s), or perhaps a little of both? I took my first YC this morning, fasted w/ 1/2 dose as suggested and did a 30 min session of what I consider Low Intensity (10% incline walk on treadmill W/HR @ 125 - 140). I would like some suggestions how to approach this. I have searched through numerous posts and can't seem to find this.
More effective at what? Fat loss?
The YC is to target alpha-2 fat mobility, the exercise is then to try and take advantage of the FFA in the bloodstream that are in theory then from said alpha-2 sites.

Doing exercise is more effective than not - that's easy to say.

As for what type of exercise, there's other things to consider - and it is all in Lyles SFP book (which is fantastic). In there he both says that for males "just" doing low intensity is probably enough, but doing a mix of both in a specific way is in theory better specifically for alpha-2 type fat, but again not required.

If you aren't dieting down to low percentages (5%), then I'm positive it just doesn't matter (including using YC at all).
Unread 02-04-2010, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banderbe View Post
I keep seeing people stacking l-tyrosine with the Y/C. Is this worth while and if so what's the recommended dose? Any reason it isn't addressed in the FAQ?

Thanks!
I believe the YC dose would remain constant, and the l-tyrosine would be the same as what is suggested in the UD2 book.
I could see how the l-tyrosine would potentiate the caffeine, but off the top of my head don't know how it would on the yohimbe.

As for how much it matters, if it isn't in the FAQ or specifically described otherwise, then it likely has minimal benefit/requirement - but from personal experience with l-tyrosine in general, I just like the stuff. Or rather, the side effects.
Unread 02-04-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglypuffs View Post
More effective at what? Fat loss?
The YC is to target alpha-2 fat mobility, the exercise is then to try and take advantage of the FFA in the bloodstream that are in theory then from said alpha-2 sites.

Doing exercise is more effective than not - that's easy to say.

As for what type of exercise, there's other things to consider - and it is all in Lyles SFP book (which is fantastic). In there he both says that for males "just" doing low intensity is probably enough, but doing a mix of both in a specific way is in theory better specifically for alpha-2 type fat, but again not required.

If you aren't dieting down to low percentages (5%), then I'm positive it just doesn't matter (including using YC at all).
I apologize for the vagueness. I meant to ask whether doing LISS or HITT cardio would increase the effectiveness of the YC in regards to "Fat Loss".
Unread 02-04-2010, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerhunter98 View Post
I apologize for the vagueness. I meant to ask whether doing LISS or HITT cardio would increase the effectiveness of the YC in regards to "Fat Loss".
You should be taking yohimbine everday anyway (unless you're doing an EOD type thing like banderbe). It's not a preworkout supplement per se, it just so happens that you can take it preworkout, provided you haven't eaten any calories and don't plan to eat any for few hours after. So this question is basically irrelevant if you're using it as directed - you'll be taking it regardless.

That said, did you read the FAQs? See Post 2, where Lyle says it can have an effect on HR, so taking it prior to HIIT might make your heart explode.