BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-31-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
Outside of research, I'm the only person I've ever seen make a point about the energetics for losing or gaining muscle vs. fat. Most people just think '3500 cal = 1 lb' but it's just not correct.
You realize what you've done, don't you? Now you'll have a cult following of crazy women who only focus on scale weight thinking "sweet - I just cut out protein and I drop weight 5 times as fast!".
Unread 07-31-2009, 01:33 PM
Administrator

I almost mentioned it explicitly, that if you want to drop weight the absolute fastest, the best way is go to out of your way to lose muscle. But I don't need to give people ideas.
Unread 07-31-2009, 01:43 PM

gotta shave a couple pounds off that liver if you want to fit in that size 2 in time for the reunion....
Unread 07-31-2009, 01:49 PM
Administrator

You only technically need one lung or kidney...and the appendix has gotta be worth half a pound....just saying.
Unread 07-31-2009, 01:57 PM

Wow, I think this is the best article you've ever written.

I would have been happier if you had debunked the lowcarbers' idea that carbohydrate rich diet change the equation's 'energy out' part. I don't think that those fanatics don't believe that thermodynamics can be used to the human body, they believe that eating more carbs causes BMR (or something else) setback due to more insulin.
Unread 07-31-2009, 02:03 PM
Administrator

The lowcarb debunking article is partially written, I just haven't gotten the energy to care enough to finish it.
Unread 07-31-2009, 02:12 PM

Great article.

Now we won't need to repeat ourselves over and over again, we'll just post a link to the article.

Anyway, I especially like the last part:

Quote:
Final note, Iím turning off comments on this article, I canít deal with the stupidity I know it will generate and I canít be bothered to argue with people about this topic. Also, if you want a quick review on the topic, Iíd suggest the following paper:
Although reading the comments could be quite entertaining as well
Unread 07-31-2009, 02:16 PM
Administrator

I just made an addition to it since someone tried to sneak a positive comment into another article's comment section.

I deleted it and will delete any and all comments (positive or negative) on this piece when people try to do the same. Nothing is getting through.
Unread 07-31-2009, 02:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to AJS Send a message via Yahoo to AJS Send a message via Skype™ to AJS

Quote:
Outside of research, I'm the only person I've ever seen make a point about the energetics for losing or gaining muscle vs. fat. Most people just think '3500 cal = 1 lb' but it's just not correct.
The actual numbers on muscle energy was the new and interesting part for me.
Unread 07-31-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
The lowcarb debunking article is partially written, I just haven't gotten the energy to care enough to finish it.
I'm excited about that one too. i'm always hearing this response also (oh yes thermodynamics.. but the energy OUT is changed when you eat lots of meat instead of evil carbs, you will contract diabetes and obesity if you eat bread and then you will dieeeeeeee. But if you eat steak, your body will be a hot furnace of athletic ability, you will burn lots of calories without all that pesky insulin swimming around in your system, you will live forever and be able to deadlift a lot!)