BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Administrator

Why do people always find it funny when I write dead serious stuff? I saw that study mentioned a year or two back in some newspaper. How they took kids with allergies and meticulously fed them 1/4 peanut a day to try and teach teh body not to freak out. By the end of months of it, they could eat 1/2 a peanut without going into shock.

Yayyyy
Unread 08-07-2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
Why do people always find it funny when I write dead serious stuff? I saw that study mentioned a year or two back in some newspaper. How they took kids with allergies and meticulously fed them 1/4 peanut a day to try and teach teh body not to freak out. By the end of months of it, they could eat 1/2 a peanut without going into shock.

Yayyyy
For the same reasons we laugh when a comedian tells a dead serious joke.

1/4 of a peanut... talk about meticulous.
Unread 08-07-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lombardis25 View Post
Yes, I was being facetious. Lyle had to set someone straight on an 'intolerance' thread earlier this week about lactaid. I'm just trying to remind Lyle he's surrounded by crazy people. Me included.

On a side note.** The comment about the peanuts in the article made me laugh too.
Sorry! I am new to this forum. In time I should be able to recognize sarcasm as I get to know the posters.
Unread 08-07-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:

Yayyyy
To paraphrase Mel Brooks

tragedy is when I cut my finger
comedy is when I eat a package of Nutty Buddies in front of a kid with peanut allergies and laugh
Unread 08-07-2009, 02:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragiarn View Post
Sorry! I am new to this forum. In time I should be able to recognize sarcasm as I get to know the posters.
It's got less to do with that and more to do with the fact that sarcasm doesn't always translate to the written word. Actaully, it never does unless you're just incredibly over the top with it and even then sometimes not.
Unread 08-07-2009, 02:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
To paraphrase Mel Brooks

tragedy is when I cut my finger
comedy is when I eat a package of Nutty Buddies in front of a kid with peanut allergies and laugh
I far prefer

"Humor is the enjoyment of someone else's misery" - Stranger in a Strange Land
Unread 08-07-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragiarn View Post
It's quite alright. Your post was actually full of good info, regardless.

However, I was not being sarcastic (hurtful intent). I was being facetious (humorous intent; not to be taken seriously)..

English lesson for the day!...sorry that's one of my pet peeves
Unread 06-20-2012, 06:53 PM

I've read, on different sites, that eating the same foods over and over again will cause you to develop an allergy to those foods, and that you should change things up on occasion.
I think that's nonsense.
I've eaten many of the same foods all of my life, and never developed an allergy or an intolerance to any of them.
I was tested for food allergies/intolerances two weeks ago, and found to be intolerant to certain foods. (Most of which I was eating on a daily basis for years). After eliminating them and replacing those calories with calories from foods that I'm not sensitive to, I felt somewhat irritable and foggy, with swings between high and low energy.
Two weeks later, those symptoms have mostly faded out, and I'm somewhat leaner. I'm guessing that I've dropped water weight because my face doesn't feel as puffy as it did two weeks ago.
I've been really hungry also. More than usual. But for some reason I've been able to be satisfied with stopping when I feel full. I gave myself a break on being too strict with my calories also, keeping a looser reign on things until I felt that I was starting to level out. I think that's what kept me from going overboard.
It's been a weird two weeks for me, but so far so good.
Unread 06-30-2012, 02:59 PM
Banned

Quote:

Yayyyy
isnt' that against human rights? lmao i mean what are the positive controls? the group of kids that did go to shock?
Unread 07-02-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgirl87 View Post
isnt' that against human rights? lmao i mean what are the positive controls? the group of kids that did go to shock?
NO... They are minors the consent to participate in the study was authorized by their parents