BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-10-2009, 12:26 PM

An article on the differences between sports programming and bodybuilding programming including a bit of discussion on what movement patterns to include for each (general sense) would be appreciated.
Unread 08-10-2009, 12:33 PM
Administrator

As noted in the other thread, unless yo'ure talking about the normally dimwitted bodybuilding routines, the difference between an intelligently set up hypertrophy routine and a routine aimed at performance will differ minimally at best.

I don't do one bodypart per week crap, that's for druggies.
I don't do endless isolation movements, it's almost alwys a mix of compound and isolation as needed.

The generic bulk followsthe same basic parameters as you'd train for strength. Twice/week, moderate volume, etc. For an athlte who needed (as opposed to just wanted) hypertrophy, I wouldn't do much different. As they moved closer to more competition specific stuff, I might change focus slightly. But it would be minimal.

But compare that to most strength routines. You might have a heavy day and a light day, you might see speed work replacing something up front, you might see OL's. But you'd still see the same basic types of parameters. If anything, atheltes often don't have 4 days/week to devote to the weight room. In that case, you move to 2X/week full body (with volume reductions per bodypart) or heavy/light/medium 3X/week or something.
Unread 08-12-2009, 09:41 AM

Default links

This isn't really an idea for a substantial article, but it would be great if you laid out some of the other people whose writing (online and in print) you value or hold in high esteem on topics that aren't necessarily covered in-depth on your site. Or maybe even some that are. I'm wondering generally about athletic development (i.e. training for sports other than bodybuilding or power lifting), but also regarding injury prevention/rehab, what have you. Some of these people are obvious because you talk about them a lot on the forums or comment a lot on their sites; Will Heffernan comes to mind. Who are some others?
Unread 08-12-2009, 10:37 AM

Can you write an article adressing women celulite?
Almost all soap opera or sports magazine have an article about it in the summer, but i supose women would like a no bull s*** article on this.
Unread 08-12-2009, 11:17 AM

Default Ding Ding Ding

It took me a long while to come up with this, but an article on the optimization of training volume would be, um, good.
Unread 08-14-2009, 10:50 PM

idiots guide to using calipers FTW

I'll hold my breath
Unread 09-02-2009, 06:01 AM

something on sleep and recovery?
Unread 09-02-2009, 07:59 AM
Administrator

They are important.

next article.
Unread 09-02-2009, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
They are important.

next article.
lmao
Unread 09-02-2009, 08:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo2008 View Post
Can you write an article adressing women celulite?
Almost all soap opera or sports magazine have an article about it in the summer, but i supose women would like a no bull s*** article on this.
Cellulite: there's no such thing and nothing you can do about it in any case except losing fat in general.

http://www.mesomorphosis.com/article...strogen-02.htm