BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-16-2013, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyTZM View Post
I watched it, but it was a few months ago. I only remember a few key points from it. They were showing strong evidence for humans eating meat long ago. They were also trying to show that humans didn't eat much grain. I don't remember it being anti carb. I think it recognized the variance in diets among location, with some being very high in carbs.
Yes, something like that. It showed little respect for Vegetarians from what I remember.
Unread 03-17-2013, 07:10 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydawg View Post
Yes, something like that. It showed little respect for Vegetarians from what I remember.
Idealogy produces idiots and the pro-mean/paleo ideologists are as bad as the pro-vegetarian/vegan ideologists. Once you believe you have THE ONE TRUE ANSWER (TM), your brain turns off in proportion to the amount that your mouth turns on.
Unread 03-22-2013, 10:22 PM

I'd like to hear more thoughts on dealing with the mental aspects of life/fitness in general. Even when you get the mentality of dieting and training down fitness seems to attract those of us who suffer from mental health issues.
I myself use the gym as an outlet to lift my depression. But it stops working when I get into overtraining territory.

Plus I think it's interesting that so many experts go off the deep end at some point.

I thought the dog article was great.
Unread 03-23-2013, 09:12 AM
Administrator

I want a pony.
Unread 03-23-2013, 11:03 AM

Volunteering at the Austin Humane Shelter for Ponies/Unicorns?
Unread 03-23-2013, 11:13 AM
Administrator

We had pigs and bunnies last year. No room for ponies or livestock.
Unread 04-15-2013, 09:49 AM

I was re-reading the Beginning Weight Training series and the following paragraph popped out at me.

From Beginning Weight Training Part 2:

Quote:
In a related vein and this is something that will be far outside the scope of this article is the fact that, as often as not, beginning strength training needs to address the massive imbalances that are often caused by our modern life. Folks who sit all day at a computer/in a cubicle or do various and sundry jobs often enter the weight room with strength and/or flexibility imbalances that need to be corrected. Pelvic tilt issues, shoulder rounding issues, neck issues and others are common as a function of what most of us do all day long and early training is a good place to address these.
However, addressing all of them in any detail in this article would be impossible; in Part 3 Iím going to make the (probably incorrect assumption) that no corrective work need be done.
I would be very interested in reading an article by Lyle that listed the common imbalances new trainees often walk into the weight room with and the beginnings of how to go about addressing them.
Unread 04-15-2013, 11:32 AM
Administrator

Muh, it's been done by others more comprehensively than I can be bothered to do. Go find Neanderthal No More by Cressey and Roberts.
Unread 04-24-2013, 07:01 AM

I really enjoy when you analyse success, specifically sports teams/coaches and their methods.

Of course, its not my place to tell you what you should or shouldn't write about.