BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-01-2009, 09:39 AM
Administrator

Default Casein Hydrolysate and Anabolic Hormones and Growth

Research review on the main site
Unread 12-01-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
Very good Lyle. But you haven't "stickied" this thread, so it falls to the bottom of the "Articles on the Main Site" thread.
Unread 12-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Administrator

thanks, fixed
Unread 12-02-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by From the article View Post
....hydrolyzed casein is digested more poorly, gets burned for energy to a greater degree and gets used more by the gut than intact casein; the end result of this is that hydrolyzed casein provides LESS amino acids to skeletal muscle after ingestion than intact casein protein.

So not only is the claim that hydrolysates are better at providing aminos faster to skeletal muscle wrong, the reality is actually exactly reversed: intact casein is better for providing aminos to the muscle.
So given the same amount of Casein vs Casein Hydrolysate, the Hydroysate will lose more to energy usage and deliver less to skeletal muscle.

But, the selling point of Hydroysate's is ’speeding amino acids to muscle’. So whats to say that of the Hydroysate that did go the skeletal muscle, it didnt get there quicker than the regular Casein? If it was speedier, then this research only seems to say "you need to take more Hydrosylate to compensate for the amount lost to energy burning". Or am I missing something?
Unread 12-02-2009, 10:21 PM
Administrator

Go read the article on the main site: What's the best form of protein-digestion speed. The whole issue is simply irrelevant as it's not as if a few minutes make an iota of difference in the big scheme of thing. It's all hype bs to sell overpriced product to dum dums

And the simple fact is this: numerous studies show that slower proteins generate more long-term growth (e.g. milk beat out soy, a fast protein) in terms of actual mscle gains.

Summing up
1. whether the hydrolysate got less protein in there faster is irrelevant from teh standpoint of growth. The body doesn't react instantly which is why studies show that nutrients consumed 1 or 3 hours following training are equally effective in turning on protein synthesis.

2. the bottom line is that hydrolysates get less total protein to the muscle AND taste like vomit.

they simply lose on every count.
Unread 12-03-2009, 08:06 AM

First post, I'm so nervous...

I've been reading Thib's forum for over a year now and as far as I can tell his rationale for using CH is that it's going to bring about hyperaminoacidemia. Thib thinks that nothing else gonna be as good for this purpose coz nothing else is fast enough. He recommended animo pulsing protocol that consist of several CH shakes, 12.5g each spread throughout the day, as a alternative to BCAA/Leucine protocol he swore by couple months earlier. From this he went to the whole ANACONDA-FINiBARZZZ-6-times-per-week-3-times-per-day.

Taking into account that Thib proclaims major breakthrough in bb every 3 months or so, it's safe to assume that CH gonna end up being obsolete before February 2010.

Always have great time reading Lyle's rants on a subject.

Wojtek
Unread 12-03-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutozag View Post
First post, I'm so nervous...

I've been reading Thib's forum for over a year now and as far as I can tell his rationale for using CH is that it's going to bring about hyperaminoacidemia. Thib thinks that nothing else gonna be as good for this purpose coz nothing else is fast enough. He recommended animo pulsing protocol that consist of several CH shakes, 12.5g each spread throughout the day, as a alternative to BCAA/Leucine protocol he swore by couple months earlier. From this he went to the whole ANACONDA-FINiBARZZZ-6-times-per-week-3-times-per-day.

Taking into account that Thib proclaims major breakthrough in bb every 3 months or so, it's safe to assume that CH gonna end up being obsolete before February 2010.

Always have great time reading Lyle's rants on a subject.

Wojtek
I think you already know the answer to this.

p.s. I love how the pulsing protocol's gotta be 12.5g each, that extra half a gram makes all the difference, i'm sure
Unread 12-03-2009, 09:15 AM

One thing, and stay with me on this one please, one thing I never understood was this one. If it is all about the protein speed, or rather - making the amino acids arrive at the muscle as quickly as possible - why not, like, just eat them a bit earlier?
Instead of drinking the super fast protein shake after your last set, you could drink a regular speed protein shake between the second to last and last set (it's gonna be curls or something anyways, unless you're doing DC, it's not gonna make you barf it up again).

Sounds crazy I know.

(Personally, I just drink milk all day, when I enter the gym, first thing I always do is put down a bottle of milk in front of the squat rack. True story)
Unread 12-03-2009, 09:26 AM
Administrator

Yes, that. If speed really matters, consume something cheaper and tastier 15 minutes early.
Unread 12-03-2009, 09:28 AM

Oh geeeez thank you I thought I was CRAZY.

Has anyone gave this question to any of the people promoting superspeed proteins, ever?