BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-09-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schleicher View Post
back to the article...
I like this article for many reasons- mostly because I can't stand when people try to push certain absolutes on everyone when that simply doesn't work.
Also I'm at a standstill currently and I keep contemplating either UD2 or RFL...but really I think thats me trying to fit a round peg in a square hole. I think personally I would set myself up to fail because I 'think' those will be too challenging for me. Just the thought alone puts me in a bad place to attempt adherance. I am more of a Flexible dieter....
PS- The 10 tips for Holidays was a good read too.
Just a reminder - sometimes people also consider themselves to be a little too special (ie: saying they are doing something already when they really aren't)
Unread 12-09-2009, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitnesschicky View Post
It's about finding something you can stick to first, and going from there. I was unsuccessful in my inital attempts at doing any type of carb cycling because I couldn't stick to any plan. My friend helped me devise a very doable, easy, 40/30/30 plan and I stuck to it for several months, even eating foods I enjoyed, before trying UD2.

I'll also say that once you start being able to turn down food and say no to it, you build more and more power.
I agree...I need to do something thats manageable for me. Like last week when I did lowered carbs and then by Friday I was mean, unhappy, and ate my face off Fri .night. ....this week I'm doing more of a 40/30/30 split like you said above and its perfect for me to stick to and I feel good all day long.!

Plank it- you're so right!
Unread 12-09-2009, 04:04 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to divergance

so very, very true. I absolutely agree with you. lol
Unread 12-10-2009, 10:55 AM

I posted this on another forum in response to a question about the UK governments idea of a health diet i.e one that is low in Saturated Fat. One "Paleo" type member took exception to this passage:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Mcd
And in the second, as about 30 years of literature demonstrates, saturated fats are detrimental to health. They cause inflammation, insulin resistance and an excessive intake, especially in the context of the rest of the modern lifestyle, is one of several risk factors for heart disease.
His response was this:

Quote:
This is a statement of 'non-fact'! Of the 26 major prospective studies examining the link between saturated fats and CHD and undertaken between the years 1963 to 2005 (so actually the last 40+ years) only three found a statistically significant association between saturated fat intakes and CHD. Of the remainder 22 found no significant association and the remaining one found a positive association in subjects aged between 30-59 at baseline but no association in subjects aged between 60-79! Hardly a persuasive majority in favour of the danger of saturated fat!
Followed by:

Quote:
Similarly, in the of the 18 major dietary intervention trials performed between 1955 and 1970, where saturated fat was replaced in the diet by non-saturated fats and/or saturated/total dietary fat was reduced in favour of either protein and/or fruit and veg only, 5 found there was a significant benefit in CHD mortality from the intervention while the remaining 12 found none - strike two. [Source: Anthony Colpo's The Great Cholesterol Con]
Now I don't frequent Pubmed enough and haven#t labcoated the issue thoroughly to know if this is the case, but he presented the data on the back of screenshots from Colpo's book, suggesting he had some foundation in these claims.

Thoughts Lyle?
Unread 12-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Administrator

Thoughts? It's generally not worth arguing with the religious faithful.

And while many of these are certainly not totally related, a quick search on

'saturated fats and heart disease' limited to humans and english turns up

1328 papers
328 reviews

Seems like there's a fair few more than 26 papers to look at here.
Unread 12-25-2009, 05:31 AM

Not totally related, but still - Critical Thinking.

Maybe you should stick a topic with this video and people should watch and understand it before posting on these forums.

But then again, watching the video is one thing, understanding the concept on the other hand...