BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-26-2009, 12:26 PM

Did you see the post that claimed the paper on sorghum was only published because it "fits with the views of a "knowledge monopoly/research cartel" that "serves to support government-endorsed views of nutrition (i.e. food pyramid)."?

Comedy gold!

http://donmatesz.blogspot.com/2009/1...-mercader.html
Unread 12-26-2009, 12:45 PM

This is so great. Dr. Cordain via http://donmatesz.blogspot.com/2009/1...-mercader.html quoteth:
Quote:
the data suggests sporadic use (and not necessarily consumption) of grains
That's by far from her main point, but this is quite a gem to start with. So these guys processed seeds. But does that mean they actually ATE them? No, of course not, what think you! Maybe they just fed them them to the birds, I see little children do that all the time, surely that's the natural thing to do with bread.
Unread 12-26-2009, 10:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kereru View Post
Did you see the post that claimed the paper on sorghum was only published because it "fits with the views of a "knowledge monopoly/research cartel" that "serves to support government-endorsed views of nutrition (i.e. food pyramid)."?

Comedy gold!

http://donmatesz.blogspot.com/2009/1...-mercader.html
Of course, it's all part of the conspiracy. All good brainwashed cultists say crap like that.
Unread 12-26-2009, 10:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank yangs left quad View Post
This is so great. Dr. Cordain via http://donmatesz.blogspot.com/2009/1...-mercader.html quoteth:

That's by far from her main point, but this is quite a gem to start with. So these guys processed seeds. But does that mean they actually ATE them? No, of course not, what think you! Maybe they just fed them them to the birds, I see little children do that all the time, surely that's the natural thing to do with bread.
Yeah, they probably used some sort of paleo glue and made the paleo equivalent of macaroni art with it.
Unread 12-26-2009, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
Yeah, they probably used some sort of paleo glue and made the paleo equivalent of macaroni art with it.
It is obvious: they pounded the sorghum to make wallpaper paste for their cave makeover.
Unread 12-27-2009, 03:14 AM

They ground up the seed and piled them up outside the cave to attract bugs, the occasional deed/bear and some birds. Then they killed those and ate paleo style.

IF the injured deer/birds tried to escape we had the paleo man sprinting in short bursts to catch and kill the animal. Long distance chases were suicide for paleo man dont cha know? And paleo style i mean breading the meat with the ground up grains and then frying it on lard they got from killing wild boars and realllly fatty mammoths.
Unread 12-27-2009, 04:43 AM

Send a message via MSN to Nigeepoo

You may laugh, but Richard Nikoley's site gets over 50,000 visitors each month (and rising). Dunno about the other 2 sites. Don't underestimate the power of the blogosphere.

Blog
Unread 12-28-2009, 09:33 AM
Administrator

And Fatloss4dummies earns a million bucks a month, doesn't change the fact that it's total garbage and utterly stupid. It only proves that most people are very silly and easily convinced by logical 'sounding' arguments.

B/c the 'he gets a lot of hits' argument is similar to 't-nation makes a lot of money hence their products are good' argument. Sorry, no.
Unread 12-28-2009, 11:48 AM

Send a message via MSN to Nigeepoo

The point I'm making is that Richard is undermining you and his site gets a lot of readers.

I don't know how many people that read his site read your site as well.

Blog
Unread 12-28-2009, 12:18 PM
Administrator

Undermining me? You're joking, right?

Or you simply seem to have me confused with someone who cares.

I could spend my entire life going around the web trying to correct people smack-talking me or misrepresenting me or making their typical absurdist/idiotic arguments that fools will believe.

You don't see me doing it because you can't save stupid. Anybody who's going to buy into emotional claptrap and nonsensical logic isn't going to listen to me anyhow. They want magic and voodoo, not facts.

So I don't waste my time trying to save them from their own stupidity. I provide the facts as I know them based on what I think science supports, you can like them or not and agree with them or not, I have no real emotional investment either way.

And since I happen to know that I'm right, I don't honestly care about the rest. Anybody who's going to buy into that kind of crapola won't be swayed by anything I have to say. So I won't waste any time on trying to convince them. Or worrying about someone 'undermining' me.