BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Administrator

Frameless is coming at me b/c I was a bit stern with him in another article. Whatever.
Unread 02-15-2010, 12:15 AM

Default Hi Alan

I like the way you nailed down that Benson guy on mind and muscle.I regularly visit Jamie's forums also and that guy acts as if his bookmarks are all filled up with unlimited blinded data.It's just really funny how some people act being a wise guy in the internet while they cover themselves anonymously.
Unread 02-15-2010, 08:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
99% certainty

a. you're wrong
b. he advocates at least BCAA

Also you do realize taht I'm talking about POST-WORKOUT nutrition right. And the bit about being fasted has to do with IF you train fasted and DON'T eat anything afterwards.

Which wouldn't be IF anyhow. Because youd be eating AFTER worout. Which is what POST-WORKOUT means. Which is what the article was actually TALKING ABOUT.
Lyle someone who does INTERMITTENT FASTING and TRAINS IN THE MORNING isn't going to have any POST WORKOUT NUTRITION. Unless you consider eating eight hours later post workout.

That was MY POINT.
Unread 02-15-2010, 08:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo87 View Post
He doesn't advocate training completely fasted.
I don't know that he ever advocated it but I am certain that he has written specifically on the topic and has stated that some people do fine training fasted. I'd have to dig around on leangains to find it.

Additionally I believe he's suggested breaking the fast in the late afternoon to be ideal, otherwise you eat all of your calories and still have lots of awake time where you have to fast again. Most people will do better waking up and fasting for the day and eating and going to bed not feeling hungry. Ergo, morning training, which again I believe he did at one point, would by definition mean you train fasted and don't consume anything post workout.

But, I could be mis-remembering and apologize if I'm wrong.
Unread 02-15-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banderbe View Post
Lyle someone who does INTERMITTENT FASTING and TRAINS IN THE MORNING isn't going to have any POST WORKOUT NUTRITION. Unless you consider eating eight hours later post workout.

That was MY POINT.
then tehy are lacking intelligence, understanding, reason, wit, or sense.
Unread 02-15-2010, 03:04 PM

I've been pondering this a while...

Would these principles of post-workout nutrition apply even if given this situation:

1. Wakes up and does some LISS cardio for X minutes (via SFS book easier recommendations).
2. Continues fasting for 4 hours before breaking it, then doing the regular recommendations of IF (eat, wait a bit, train, eat).

Or would this concern just count as being neurotic?
Unread 02-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Administrator

That last sentence, it's that.

Because I tried to be pretty clear that I was really talking about resistance training in this article. Low intensity endurance work doesn't need much in the way of around workout nutrition because of it's low intensity so pretty much none of this applies.
Unread 02-15-2010, 03:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycomiko View Post
then tehy are lacking intelligence, understanding, reason, wit, or sense.
I'll dig around because I am fairly certain Martin was training in the morning at one point. However, it may be that he was breaking his fast then and then fasting the rest of the afternoon/night. Or I could be totally off base and misremembering something from someone else.

I don't IF but I've spent some time in the more notable IF forums so maybe this is carry over from all of that..
Unread 02-15-2010, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banderbe View Post

That was MY POINT.
someone who does morning workouts and IF will of course eat straight after a workout. at least when doing berkhans version of IF. not eating after a workout is stupid.

that being said most people will have an easier time fasting for example 24.00 > > 16.00 and then working out in the evening

Last edited by mrlakramondas : 02-15-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Unread 02-15-2010, 03:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlakramondas View Post
someone who does morning workouts and IF will of course eat straight after a workout. at least when doing berkhans version of IF. not eating after a workout is stupid.
Yeah I can't find it.. so nevermind.. I still think I know Martin worked out in the AM at some point but I'm sure you are right about breaking teh fast after or just before the WO.