BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-16-2010, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill View Post
Do you have anything to back up your argument other than beans and gummy bears?

I'm not really trying to be an I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post. with that. Just saying that it goes both ways, I guess.
I don't need a controlled study dissecting my own crap. It's pretty obvious when it happens. And yes, it carries a lot more weight with me than someone simply saying "you're wrong".
Unread 02-17-2010, 09:19 AM

on another note, that article was one of the most helpful I've read in a very long time. I sent it out to a number of people. The more one reads on this site, the more difficult it becomes to sustain the dogma of the field. I guess the change happens sometime around the moment when 'it depends' seems more honest and helpdful then glib and unsatisefying.

Thanks Lyle.
Unread 02-17-2010, 09:38 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moyer View Post
I don't need a controlled study dissecting my own crap. It's pretty obvious when it happens. And yes, it carries a lot more weight with me than someone simply saying "you're wrong".
So yo'ure basing your claim on seeing undigested food in your poo?

But how about this, YOU made the assertion, YOU show ME the data. I don't have time to find the data to counter YOUR claim.
Unread 02-17-2010, 09:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moyer View Post
Something to back up your argument would be cool. Thanks.
Buy a nutrition textbook, any of them, this is discussed. Because so far you said "I bet" which means that YOU get to back up YOUR assertion. Or haven't you noticed that I don't make things up when I make the claim EVER. Yet this one you're going to challenge me for backup?

Sorry, most of the reserach on this was done ages ago (e.g. atudies back in the 50's where they gave stuff like 1.5 kg of meat all at once and measured digestion with NO difference in digestion efficeincy) which is where the numbers come from; but they can't be medlined becuase it doesn't go back that far. So get the RDA handbook or a basic nutritional physiology textbook or YOU can come up with backing for YOUR claim beyond "That's what I think."

Because the logic doesn't even work and, facutally we know that the obese, if anything (due to gut bacterial differences) absorb slightly MORE calories from their food. And you're trying to logic that their bi meals should be absorbed more poorly. Which makes NO sense.

Beyond that, you can believe stupid stuff if you want.
Unread 02-17-2010, 02:01 PM

I don't have a PubMed quote but studies done way back suggest that massive intakes of starch and meat are fairly well tolerated in terms of digestion i.e the caloric loss is negligible compared to regular meals.

Perhaps throwing a substantial fiber intake into the equation might affect things (fiber intake was nil in the studies performed). But again, it's doubtful that the effect (/caloric loss due to digestive inefficiency) would be significant.
Unread 02-17-2010, 02:06 PM

Fibre will definately increase nitrogen and energy losses, but its gotta be a good dose for a really big effect.

Moyer is possibly talking about post-low carb fun when the enzymes are low, and you start getting an odd effect. Rather than a normal person who is consuming all macronutrients, and has a suitable enzyme level.
Unread 02-17-2010, 03:05 PM
Administrator

I mentioned the effect of fiber per se in the article on teh site and Moyer seems to be focusing on meal size per se.
Unread 02-17-2010, 04:09 PM

All i know is NEABTYH

Never Eat Anything Bigger Than Your Head
Unread 02-17-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycomiko View Post
Never Eat Anything Bigger Than Your Head
This bothers me as I really enjoy my food.
Lyle, is there any truth to it?
If so how might I hypertrophy my head?
Unread 02-17-2010, 10:50 PM
Administrator

That would eliminate watermelon from the diet and I like watermelon. So no.