BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-22-2010, 11:51 PM
Administrator

Default Winter of Discontent - Book Review

A friend and fellow skater's recent book on her experiences in Speedskating, article on teh main site

And even if you're not interested in the topic or article, I would ask regualrs and lurkers alike to do me the following favors

1. Go the article and click the link to her site at least once
2. If you know anyone interested in speedskating (or sports in general), forward them the link.
3. If you happen to be involved in speedskating (on a forum, discussion) or know someone who is, please forwards them teh link either to Eva's site or my article.

I really want to help her get the word out on this book while the Olympics are in full swing.

Thank you.
Unread 02-23-2010, 03:26 AM

A couple typos

Quote:
But because of a personal grudge, and Eva not being with the taem, the US simply had no-one skate.
Quote:
(and the coupong will work with any other offers)
and this point needs more clarification please...

Quote:
upcoming projects (of which one should be ready to go in a few weeks)
Unread 02-23-2010, 04:22 AM

Quote:
(except me, since I wouldn’t do his idiot training).
this
Unread 02-23-2010, 08:45 AM
Administrator

No, I wouldn't do HIS idiot training.

And Sam, I don't know what point needs more clarification or what you're asking.
Unread 02-23-2010, 09:18 AM
Banned

Speedskating is done on ice? I thought it had something to do with rollerblades. Never knew it was called speed skating, figured in the US they called it iceskating like we do here.

Here everyone's completely crazy about the sport. Probably because it's the only one with a shot of winning a gold medal.
Unread 02-23-2010, 09:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf View Post
Speedskating is done on ice? I thought it had something to do with rollerblades. Never knew it was called speed skating, figured in the US they called it iceskating like we do here.

Here everyone's completely crazy about the sport. Probably because it's the only one with a shot of winning a gold medal.
The ice version was first.

But if your country is skating crazy, post the link far and wide.
Unread 02-23-2010, 10:37 AM
Banned

Actually I'm not into it. I don't know anyone that is. Only sites I visit are bodybuilding and the like. Those people are all into weightlifting, strongman, UFC, you get the drill. Speedskating is highly shunned on such sites (has to do with the sport being shoved under your nose everywhere I think, I'm sure some Americans have the same thing with baseball).

I just never knew it was called speedskating. I think alot of foreign people have no idea what it's called in the US. I think it's kinda popular in Canada though...

A multilingual site for the book would've been a good idea, not sure how many foreigners into speedskating would want to buy it but I'm sure there's a bigger market in Europe then there is in America.
Unread 02-23-2010, 10:44 AM

If I'm only younger and has no family to support, I would love to be a speedskater myself. I love rollerblading eversince I was a kid. I think I got the hips and quads power for it
Unread 02-23-2010, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Yeah, unfortunately, the ice is as much about technique (especially corners) as strength/power as i proved over the last 5 years. I was stronger and fitter than all of my teammates and they handed me my butt on the ice because they knew how to skate/move on ice/skate corners and I didn't.
Unread 02-23-2010, 01:26 PM

Good article and it looks like a good (albeit depressing) book. Out of curiosity, what kind of idiot overtraining did the other coaches want you (and Eva) to do?