BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-01-2010, 01:24 PM

Thought I'd share this just for anyone who is interested. This is one of my calories burned graphs from last week:

I woke up at 7:15 and took the armband off to charge (that's the square shaped block a little after 7).

Between 7:30 and 8:15 is my getting ready for work, running up and down the stairs, etc. A little before 9 I got to the office and climbed the stairs to my desk.

Sat at my desk until aroudn 12:30 then took the stairs down and back up to the bathroom.

At 1:30 I walked across the street to the Target, wandered a bit, then walked briskly back at 2:10.

Between then and about 5:45 I was sitting at my desk - with an occasional trip to the bathroom or the water cooler.

At 5:45 I walked to the train station. Sat on the train/bus until about 7. Between 7 and 7:45 I walked from the bus stop to the house, then went up and down the stairs a couple of times as I changed clothes, started some laundry, and got dinner started.

9 pm - dash upstairs to change the laundry.

10:30 pm - up the stairs one last time to go to bed.

I can follow the spikes like that every single day and remember what I did and what caused the energy expenditure - on days that I work out, I get larger "blocks" of expenditure, and on the past Sunday I was a couch-potato and it showed.
Unread 03-02-2010, 05:35 PM

I see your calorie burn and raise it by 2000 calories.....

Seriously though 4188?!

I did do some interval runs today as well as some sawing and moving the sofa as I had a new one today

But does seem high though.
Unread 03-02-2010, 07:17 PM

Thanks for sharing those....thats interesting stuff.
Unread 03-02-2010, 08:15 PM

Good LORD. 4100? I'm in awe.

I am supposed to run a 5k later this spring and I'll be really curious to see how my calorie burn is that day. I'm finding on average, on days I do a normal work out (a 5x5 type of strength routine, followed by about 30 mins of ss cardio), I burn 2400 or so calories.

Wearing this thing over the last 18 days has actually been a huge eye opener for me. It explains a lot about why my weight loss stalled in 2009.
Unread 03-02-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion#1 View Post
I see your calorie burn and raise it by 2000 calories.....

Seriously though 4188?!

I did do some interval runs today as well as some sawing and moving the sofa as I had a new one today

But does seem high though.
*Figures how you maintain at 7-8% body fat*

I get 4000 max on my insane volume training days, and I cant recover enough to do it the next day
Unread 03-03-2010, 08:01 AM

That is the average I've had over the last 7 days. I feel really good and fit and am recovering well.

The thing I've noticed though is I not eating no where near what I burn and If I was to eat what I burn then I would initially put on weight.

SOo basically my metabolism has gone to a maintenance of roughly 2200 calories.
Unread 03-03-2010, 08:21 AM

Quote:
SOo basically my metabolism has gone to a maintenance of roughly 2200 calories.
No way your maintenance is at 2,200 and you're burning 3,600. Your food intake is most likely very wrong or something goofy is going on with the GoWear's readings.
Unread 03-03-2010, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Also over the last few days it has been saying I have been burning almost 4000 calories a day when in fact all I am doing is sitting on my arse all day in Uni.
@ 143lbs? That's nearly 28 cals per pound and you didn't do any vigorous activity at all? Something is very goofy. Do you have your stats entered correctly?
Unread 03-03-2010, 10:18 AM

Well I was trying to convince myself that the Ki fit was full of s**t because I spent 200 and I just wanted a refund (even if it worked) I just did not feel comfortable spending that money.

I actually trained most of the week last week and I do a lot of moving etc so the machine is probably right.

I was able to get a refund on the display (which cost $75) as I do not use it so that makes me feel a little bit better.
Unread 03-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Administrator

watch the language.