BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-07-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisygirl View Post
there is no blushing smilie
She likes to pick on people, it is nothing personal
Unread 04-07-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
And you're as thick as a post.

Too bad you simply couldn't see the irony of finding a grammatical error in the post of someone who just spent such a long time pointing out some in the article.

Last edited by DanceDiva : 04-07-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Unread 04-07-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceDiva View Post
And you're as thick as a post.

Too bad you simply couldn't see the irony of finding a grammatical error in the post of someone who just spent such a long time pointing out some in the article.

I guess you didn't see the irony in my post then, and you did exactly what I said you do. How ironic is that. I just find it funny that the only posts I read from you are to criticize others. You can dish it out but can't seem to take it when it is given back to you. Hmmmm!
Unread 04-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Administrator

Children, let it go NOW.
Unread 04-08-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlankIt View Post
In the realm of endurance training it is so hard to decipher between overtraining and an acceptable level of training fatigue. I suppose the only way to really know is to take a couple of weeks off and see how one feels?

Overall, this was a helpful article. Thanks.
no. you could for example look at different run times (compare them to various baseline values), over a certain time period.

there are other ways too, not always accurate though.

and obviously the more experienced you are it becomes (or should become) easier to make those kind of judgements.

but, i'll let lyle finish the article series and not get ahead of things.

Last edited by mrlakramondas : 04-08-2010 at 09:14 AM.
Unread 04-08-2010, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Please don't worry about it Morgan - I wasn't offended.

I do hope it's obvious I'm editing to be helpful, and not pointing things out to be a jerk. I just want to contribute something since I gain so much information here.

Last edited by Daisygirl : 04-08-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Unread 04-08-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlakramondas View Post
no. you could for example look at different run times (compare them to various baseline values), over a certain time period.

there are other ways too, not always accurate though.

and obviously the more experienced you are it becomes (or should become) easier to make those kind of judgements.

but, i'll let lyle finish the article series and not get ahead of things.
True. And perhaps overuse injuries.

I suppose the greatest problem when it comes to endurance athletes is that they are so used to enduring whatever challenge they may be facing (fatigue, etc) that the signs have to be very glaring for any real adjustment to be made.
Unread 04-09-2010, 07:05 AM
Administrator

Part 2
Unread 04-09-2010, 07:06 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlankIt View Post
True. And perhaps overuse injuries.

I suppose the greatest problem when it comes to endurance athletes is that they are so used to enduring whatever challenge they may be facing (fatigue, etc) that the signs have to be very glaring for any real adjustment to be made.
The greatest problem is that, by and large, most endurance athletes are exercise addicts. Even if the signs are glaring, they won't stop training. There are others, one of which I talked about in today's part.
Unread 04-09-2010, 07:44 AM

Which is usually defined, again, as some percentage of their best peak.

fragment - consider revising to "This is usually..."

So the coach might have set some cutoff in training, an athlete is expected to hit 95% of their best on any day

The coach might have set some cutoff in training, and the athlete is expected to hit 95% of their best on any day.

And can be thrown by things like diet (e.g. low muscle glycogen will tend to lower lactate levels) and other factors that donít necessarily mean the athlete is becoming overtrained.

This can be....

Often when recovery is given they rebound (ala over-reaching or just normal training),

remove hyphen

Everything else is, even some of the indicators Iím going to disuss later are, at best, indirect.

discuss

consider revision: Everything else is, at best, inderect, even some of the indicators I'm going to discuss later.

Because that Lyle guys said they needed rest

guy

There may be all kinds of other things going on in the trainees life that just made that a bad couple of days or week or whatever.

insert apostrophe: trainee's

My point is this, a single bad workout means nothing

replace comma w/ :

Certainly, there can be other things going in their life, and Iíll talk about this more in the next part of the series, that need to be considered.

consider revision:

Certainly, there can be other things going in their life that need to be considered, and Iíll talk about this more in the next part of the series.

Do they report feeling good, recovered, look snappy during warmups, is at least some indicator (perhaps indirect: a secondary exercise) showing signs of improvement?

consider revision:

Do they report feeling good, and being recovered? Do they look snappy during warmups? Is at least some indicator (perhaps indirect: a secondary exercise) showing signs of improvement?

the athlete Ifwill regress and then jump forwards a day or two later.

forward

If they noticeably freshen up and you see improvement, than they are just in one of those phases of training

then

Maybe their overall perofrmance seems to be moving backwards on a consistent basis

performance

In that case, theyíre probably heading towards a bit crash.

big? bit of a?

Lyle - I'm not sure if you noticed on part one, but I sent the edit in three separate posts - not sure if you got the last two parts.

Daisy