BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-01-2010, 02:37 PM

Nice job.
Unread 05-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Administrator

Check your PM's, Element
Unread 05-03-2010, 05:28 AM

What do you think does the 14 year old winner train? I mean does he invest the same as you in respect of volume and smart training or is he simply so good because he is so young?
Unread 05-03-2010, 06:31 AM
Administrator

He's primarily an indoor inliner but we talked about training afterwards. He told me he was doing 2 hours on his slideboard near daily. Which was the right thing to do, at least in premise. We can quibble about volumes of course but that's neither here nor there.

Indoor is all about corner technique and doesn't prepare you for outdoor racing at all. Not technically and certainly not metabolically. But he was smart enough to get in the endurance base with the slideboard and cycling and....

He also does bicycle time trialing so presumably his training includes the aerobic volume to support that.

So combine a lot of volume to get your motor with youth and decent skating technique.... I'm still making him suffer next year. He has youth but I have wisdom. And while he focuses on indoor most of the year, my focus is solely outdoor.
Unread 05-03-2010, 11:18 PM

Don't you have to be in a team to be really successful?

I took part in a 21 km inline race in Germany twice (just for fun - I finished in the last third) and the first to finish were from the same team. So 1st to 4th Team A, 5th to 7th Team B and so on and the were skating in a paceline for the whole race. So the 10 fastest were all in one or two seconds (place 1-4 even had the same time).

I think one would have no chance to win skating on his own.
Unread 05-04-2010, 06:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karbon View Post
Don't you have to be in a team to be really successful?
apparently not, at least not in the open. I didn't anyhow. Everyone else had folks to work with. I did not.

Quote:
I took part in a 21 km inline race in Germany twice (just for fun - I finished in the last third) and the first to finish were from the same team. So 1st to 4th Team A, 5th to 7th Team B and so on and the were skating in a paceline for the whole race. So the 10 fastest were all in one or two seconds (place 1-4 even had the same time).

I think one would have no chance to win skating on his own.
One would think.
Unread 05-07-2010, 10:34 PM

Thanks for bringing us up to speed on the 14 year old....I was curious how at his age he beat a field with pro's in it...very young to have that level of endurance. And, it was either dumb luck or wisdom beyond his years to have beat you the way he did. Obviously a lot of talent.

Definitely one of the best informational and fun reads you have every posted. Great play-by-play script. I personally got a lot out of the series. Your whole training protocol was a gem to read.

Excellent Lyle.

Art
Unread 05-08-2010, 12:48 AM
Administrator

The pro category only raced the marathon. This was the open as it clearly stated in the article.
Unread 05-08-2010, 09:03 AM

Right, and the pro's were pacing for the longer race....I still think it was a good go for both of you to catch and pass them since they had a head start.

Interesting the level of conditioning and endurance for a guy so young....bottom line..good race for both of you. I'd like to see where he is when he hits his peak especially if he gets some good coaching.
Unread 06-08-2010, 07:15 AM
Administrator

Results part 3