BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-25-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMcFly View Post
full keto?
weights?
macros?
how much SFP?
years exp?
Yes, full keto. I mainly do bodyweight exercises, due to a recent wrist injury.

I figured out the problems though:

1) I wasn't eating enough. I have a hard time eating enough fat on a keto diet (the taste of too much fat made me want to puke every time I ate, which is a problem when you eat every 3 hours. I got to the point where I was avoiding eating to avoid the nausea). I figured this would be similar to a PSMF, but in the end, it just crashed my metabolism.

2) The intensity of the first part of the protocol wasn't high enough.

3) Fat for lean people simply comes off much, much, much slower, and requires much more patience. (I'm not sure if Lyle's comment was directed at me, but it seems to be true.)

So the solution was to get off keto, eat more in order to get my metabolism back up, end my "insulin-phobia," be more patient, and yes, increase the intensity, along with 2 cardio sessions a day.

I've seen some progress since, though very minor, but I think that's just the way it goes.
Unread 11-28-2012, 06:57 AM

Assuming a moderate intensity of fasted cardio (say, 60-65% max HR) while dieting, how long is too long before muscle loss becomes a real risk? Does it vary significantly between say being 8-9% and 14-15%?