BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-14-2010, 09:06 AM
Administrator

Default Do Sprints Interfere with Muscle Growth

Q&A on the main site
Unread 09-14-2010, 09:46 AM

Thanks for the read lyle.
Unread 09-14-2010, 03:31 PM

On a biochemical level, it might slightly affect muscle growth. However, articles like these probably do more harm than good for the inexperienced and/or uneducated masses.

What I mean by that is this... Yes, sprinting may interfere with some muscle growth acutely. However, I am willing to put money on the fact that sprinting and other high intensity, short duration, anaerobic work is going to do way more good than harm for anyone but the elite level body builder; if it is combined with a well balanced strength program and diet.

I've also read that sprinting and other short duration, high intensity work stimulates growth hormone secretion. Would this not be of any benefit?
Unread 09-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Administrator

GH response is irrelevant.
Unread 09-15-2010, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildanewme View Post
However, I am willing to put money on the fact that sprinting and other high intensity, short duration, anaerobic work is going to do way more good than harm for anyone but the elite level body builder;
There could be issues with joints, especially knees. And especially if the trainee is not of the proper bodyweight and/or conditioned to do that kind of work.
Unread 09-15-2010, 07:51 AM

So in a bid to stay fit & healthy while 'bulking' would it be better to do SS cardio e.g. 30 mins cross trainer PWO/rest days or some interval/tabata style training PWO/rest days?
Unread 09-16-2010, 02:56 AM

Lyle has stated many times here that he much prefers stead state while bulking. I think something like 2 to 3 sessions of 20-30 minutes.
Unread 01-02-2011, 06:27 AM
Banned

there's been a lot of work on BCAA and leucinespecifically as a direct activator of protein syntnesis, works through a sensor called mTOR (mammalian target of rapomyacin) there have been a couple of profoundly I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.ty studies (using inadequate amounts of protein and drinks consumed forabout 6 hours after training) showing that extra leucinehas a tiny effect on protein synthesis the typical whole protein has 15-20% BCAA and some portion of that is lcueine. if you're eating 30-40 grams of protein at a sitting, yo'ure getting plenty of leucineIMO. adding more is unnecessary

Lyle