BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-24-2010, 10:33 AM
Administrator

Default Why Big Caloric Deficits and Lots of Activity Can Hurt Fat Loss

Article on the main site
Unread 09-24-2010, 12:15 PM

..I am guilty of this.

CAN YOU TELL IN THE WAY I TYPE!!!!
Unread 09-24-2010, 01:18 PM

I have made the same observation that you talk about under 'an additional variable'. and i find those kind of people incredibly annoying: 'pleeeeeeeaze help me!!!!!!!!!'. often totally mind**** women who refuse to listen to advice. just ****** relax.

as for your comment about hardgainers: yes the often whining, high-strung negative worrying OCD type should actually do the total opposite of what is usually recommended for 'hardgainers' (very low volume, low frequency and high intensity failure training), these people should focus on (low-)moderate volume, moderate frequency and avoid failure. and also focus on building some work capacity.
Unread 09-25-2010, 02:22 AM

(like my client from the early 20ís)

Small typo here, it sounds like you're talking about the 1920's, it should be

(like my client from my early 20ís)
Unread 09-25-2010, 04:10 AM
Banned

This article could probably have been written about me. She took a cruise, I got an injury & went on vacation. You may be right about the stressed out headcases, but I do not really feel I fit the description entirely.

In my case I rather feel its a personality trait/disorder. I am a pretty high achiever, fairly intelligent, but I had a rather tough childhood. I think these things together with perhaps other have induced a very 'black-white' way of thinking/being.

Either I do things full out 100%, to the edge of what I can do or I couldnt give a rats I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.. In loge in general - work for example this works fairly well. However, what Ive not been able to grasp is that more effort, discipline doesnt solve all types of problems. In fact when it comes to the mind & body, it is almost always destructive.

Instead you should be lenient, flexible - stay in the middle of the road. Rest, have fun and enjoy yourself. Which isnt my normal way of thinking about problems.

Reason, I write this is that I dont feel stressed out/high strung. I think the psychological aspects of this is more complex than "stressed outbyggd high strung menopause women".

Once again a superb article. Thanks Lyle.
Unread 09-25-2010, 09:16 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxw View Post
(like my client from the early 20ís)

Small typo here, it sounds like you're talking about the 1920's, it should be

(like my client from my early 20ís)
I am pretty old.
Unread 09-25-2010, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviatahan View Post
This article could probably have been written about me. She took a cruise, I got an injury & went on vacation. You may be right about the stressed out headcases, but I do not really feel I fit the description entirely.

In my case I rather feel its a personality trait/disorder. I am a pretty high achiever, fairly intelligent, but I had a rather tough childhood. I think these things together with perhaps other have induced a very 'black-white' way of thinking/being.

Either I do things full out 100%, to the edge of what I can do or I couldnt give a rats I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.. In loge in general - work for example this works fairly well. However, what Ive not been able to grasp is that more effort, discipline doesnt solve all types of problems. In fact when it comes to the mind & body, it is almost always destructive.

Instead you should be lenient, flexible - stay in the middle of the road. Rest, have fun and enjoy yourself. Which isnt my normal way of thinking about problems.

Reason, I write this is that I dont feel stressed out/high strung. I think the psychological aspects of this is more complex than "stressed outbyggd high strung menopause women".

Once again a superb article. Thanks Lyle.
There is a difference between being 100% adherent or dedicated and going to the extremes in everything. You can do the former without doing the latter.
Unread 09-25-2010, 10:52 AM
Banned

Very true. A lesson which I am in the process of learning.
Unread 09-26-2010, 07:22 AM

Lyle, I know this may not be the best place to ask but from what I understand, Cortisol is the lowest at night around bedtime. My question is centered around problems staying asleep, would waking up one to two times a night for no reason at all and waking up earlier than planned a symptom of high cortisol? Back when my sleeping problems started, I believe I had a big deficit due to lots of cardio, for months now I have cut my cardio back but still have problems staying asleep, it's as if my body has now gotten in a habit of waking up for no reason?
Unread 09-26-2010, 09:12 AM
Administrator

No, this isn't the right place for it and sleep dynamics are insanely complicated. Trying to pin it to a single cause is problematic at best.