BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-21-2010, 08:33 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnatolyR View Post
I want to donate.
Same problem, I'm NOT from US
Lyle, can you send me via private messages instructions how to do it?
Thanks
Check your PM's anatoly and thank you (as well as everyone else)
Unread 11-21-2010, 03:53 PM

Lyle ~

Your series really touched my heart. Last year, I went through the worst depression of my life. I was just branching into agoraphobia, leaving the house only when absolutely neccessary, when Katie, a 9 year old Schnauzer rescued from a puppy mill was kind of dropped into my lap. Katie had been a breeder, kept in a crate for years and neglected, and she was overweight, elderly and ungainly. No one would adopt her because of her age. I just couldn't say no - she was so loving and gentle. She gave me a reason to get outside again, and within a few months we were walking 10 km a day together. I credit her with being my salvation, the one being that managed to pull me out of that darkness. Here is Katie now, at her healthy doggy weight after today's one hour walk. (pardon the freaky eyes)

You inspired me to go make a donation to our local humane society. I don't have much money, but I took a huge box of blankets and $20.

Thank you for sharing your experience with the furry saviours.
Unread 11-21-2010, 03:54 PM
Administrator

It's not about the amount you can or can't donate, it's about the gesture.

Thank you
Unread 11-21-2010, 05:46 PM

Hi Lyle, is there any chance you could PM me the details for me to donate? (another non-USA issue)

Thanks
Unread 11-21-2010, 06:20 PM
Administrator

check your PMs
Unread 11-24-2010, 08:44 AM
Administrator

Thank you
Unread 11-25-2010, 12:11 PM

I want to say that your words have encouraged me to look up animal shelters in Chicago and see what I can do to help. I do regular volunteer work but not as much as I should. Plus, I absolutely love animals.
Although I will admit that I am also hoping that this helps me personally as well, like it has for you. We all have our problems and I also have had a couple spurts of depression recently .. and I do not think that is going to be the last time I see them.
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience.

You need two main exercises:
1. table push aways: When you start to get full, just push away from the table
2. Head shakes: when someone offeres you food not on your diet, twist your head right and then left and repeat going 'No thank you'.

Getting a 6 pack is mostly about losing fat.
Unread 11-25-2010, 02:35 PM
Administrator

Thank you for helping out your dogs.
Unread 05-08-2012, 07:08 AM
Administrator

Part 6
Unread 05-08-2012, 07:48 AM

Site update! AWWWW YEAAHHHH KLDNSAVLJNV

I remember going to my humane shelter when I was younger, and I always got so sad. It was so hard to see so many dogs that were abandoned. They always had a really sad look on their faces and my mom and I always wanted to take every last one of them home.

Once, there was a stray cat that was roaming around my moms work, and she was sickly. We're talking earmites so bad she couldn't lift them up, and all other sorts of illness. We took her in an got her all cleaned up. I think that was 12 years ago now...A few years after we took her home, she ended up having cancer and we decided to have her leg amputated to rid her of the cancer rather than just putting her down. Bringing her home from the vet and for weeks afterwards, we really debated whether it was the right decision. She was in so much pain and it was so very hard to watch her suffer.

She made a full recovery and she's lived 8 or 9 years as a three legged kitty. She's still alive and kicking at 13 some years old, even used to catch mice and other small animals on her three legs before she got too old. Love that cat to death.

Never underestimate an animals love for you. Show them love and they will return the favor, and I firmly believe that no human will ever love you as much as your own pets.

PS: I couldn't find one spelling error, not a single one.