BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-30-2010, 08:03 AM
Administrator

Default Does the Training Determine the Diet or the Diet Determing the Training?

Article on the main site
Unread 11-30-2010, 04:12 PM

Under, "When does the diet determine the training"
But the point is this, the extremeness (is too a word) or RFL very much determines the types of training that can or should be done.

....I think should be "of"?

Enjoyed the article! I'm learning to find an approach that works for me, that fits in with what I want to do.....
Unread 11-30-2010, 07:19 PM
Administrator

You are correct, good catch and thanks.
Unread 12-01-2010, 01:10 PM

Great read, and one of the many reasons the book UD2 is so valuable as it truly correlates the types of workouts with the diet for optimal results. I couldn't imagine power training on virtually no carbs, or having a large defecit with large volumes of hard training. Actually the 2nd one I've done before, prior to finding this site...won't be doing that again!

Unread 12-01-2010, 01:32 PM

Send a message via MSN to Nigeepoo

In title: Determing

Blog
Unread 12-01-2010, 05:06 PM
Administrator

Whoops. Good catch, you're the only one who caught it.
Unread 12-01-2010, 07:49 PM

I saw this tomming, people seeing the results of RFL or UD2.0 but want to "customize it" for their purposes / shortcomings and then at the end saying "I am a snow flake. it didn't work for me because:
3... "
Unread 10-01-2014, 06:15 PM

Quote:
i’d note that usually in these situations the volumes and/intensities of training being done in the first place not only require fairly moderate dietary deficits but a goodly amount of carbohydrate intake; folks doing that much training shouldn’t need any heroic approaches to losing fat unless they got way out of shape in their off-season. Trying to use any extreme approach is a mistake under these circumstances; much less ones as specific or brutal as UD2 and RFL respectively.
would it make sense that if someone is doing large amounts of volume/frequency of training (weights) for whatever reason even though there taking in a good amount of carbs can the deficit still be large since there activity level is so much and carbs are just enough to get through training but not massive (basically eating more but burning so much more so there large deficit is actually being made through there training) and also note frequency and volume has not gone up compared to where it was in the off season so not purposely adding volume.As well big caloric deficits and lots of activity would apply either because the deficit is more from activity because sufficient energy is being taken in and REFEEDS will be used. Is this a sensible or possible way of looking at it or is it more of a square peg round whole?

Last edited by roberto : 10-01-2014 at 06:20 PM.
Unread 10-01-2014, 07:15 PM
Administrator

Find your shift key and some punctuation and try it again.
Unread 10-01-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Find your shift key and some punctuation and try it again.
Sorry about that Lyle here is an edited version. Any advice?

Would it make sense that if someone is doing large amounts of volume/frequency of training (weights) for whatever reason and they are taking in a good amount of carbs can the deficit still be large? For the reason being that there activity level is so much and carbs are just enough to get through training, but not massive. Basically eating more but burning so much more, so there large deficit is actually being made through their training. In addition, frequency and volume has not gone up compared to where it was in the off season, so volume has not been purposely added. I don’t feel that “Why Big Caloric Deficits and Lots of Activity Can Hurt Fat Loss” would apply both because the deficit is more from activity and sufficient energy is being taken in. Refeeds would be used as well. Is this a sensible or possible way of looking at it or is it more of a square peg round hole situation?