BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-23-2018, 08:20 PM

Default ideas for liss at home?

I like walking but it isn't always convenient. Is there a way I can do liss while watching tv? I have these pedals but it seems like no matter what chair I sit in it bothers my back trying to pedal these things. Any other suggestions?
Unread 04-24-2018, 03:09 AM

Fidgeting. Tons of calories burned.
Unread 04-24-2018, 03:47 AM

Saw title, came in to say "cleaning" lol but while watching TV.... Only thing I can think of is a treadmill/elliptical which u don't mention anyway. Maybe try sitting on a pillow/pillow on the back for those pedals?
Just remembered, when I was younger I used to lay on the couch and air cycle, exercises legs plus abs were so damn sore after just a few minutes

My ERFL log
http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=34596
Unread 04-24-2018, 04:25 AM

leave home. No reason to be at home but to rest. That's how I feel about it. You can't mix work and relaxation. People always try.
Unread 04-24-2018, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
leave home. No reason to be at home but to rest. That's how I feel about it. You can't mix work and relaxation. People always try.
+1
getting out has more benefits than just providing a suitable LI cardio environment. fresh air is one of them.

if you are stuck at home try something more intensive. there are tons of simple bodyweight exercise programs you can pick up and implement into your weekly routine. practical and effective. no need just for LI cardio
Unread 04-24-2018, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
I have a couple young children so this can be difficult.
Unread 04-24-2018, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muki View Post
+1
getting out has more benefits than just providing a suitable LI cardio environment. fresh air is one of them.

if you are stuck at home try something more intensive. there are tons of simple bodyweight exercise programs you can pick up and implement into your weekly routine. practical and effective. no need just for LI cardio
The reason I am looking at liss cardio is that I am trying to eat pretty low calorie and liss seems to be better in terms of creating more fat loss without creating more hunger.
Unread 04-24-2018, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofsteel View Post
The reason I am looking at liss cardio is that I am trying to eat pretty low calorie and liss seems to be better in terms of creating more fat loss without creating more hunger.
could be, but in case you have issues in accommodating a LISS routine in your home environment, maybe adjusting your overall dieting and workout approach to incorporate some HIIT activity in times when you are stuck at home would make sense. There are many ways you could reach your calorie deficit, LISS is just one component that could help, but it is not mandatory

For me indoor LISS is extremely boring, even with all multimedia support in the world... unless a very nice, girl in tights does some stepper exercise in front of me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofsteel View Post
I have a couple young children so this can be difficult.
how old are they?

when they were really small I used to take my kids out in a trolley. that gave my wife some space, was good for kids to be in the open air, and I had my cardio

once they grew up a bit, biking become our common cardio
Unread 04-24-2018, 01:26 PM

I've never mentioned it, but the reason why my name is "Twitchy" is because I have Tourette's syndrome(look it up). I'm hyper.

Running around in your room in a circle for 10-20 minutes can burn a good 50 calories or more. It adds up after awhile.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fitbitburn.jpg (68.8 KB, 6 views)
Unread 04-24-2018, 03:13 PM

I bought a walking treadmill (designed to go under a standing desk) and use it to get some steps in on days when I won't be walking or leaving the house much. Hardly takes up any room, pretty quiet, helps keep my activity consistent over the week as some days I won't get out much.