BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-21-2016, 03:18 AM

BW 201.4, looking a bit softer today most likely from little extra subcutaneous water.

https://imgur.com/a/v103V
Unread 10-23-2016, 07:58 AM

Friday:

http://imgur.com/a/1RoN2

when I checked in however, I was 200.6, slightly dehydrated (1/2 gallon water that day).

Saturday:

202.4 lb

post show-

https://imgur.com/gallery/RXasM

had a pretty nice post show indulgence without going full retard

-1 bowl of chicken ramen
-1 large warm sake
-1 chocolate rice krispie
-1 Welch's fruit snacks
-1 sirloin burger with steak cut fries and a couple small appetizers
-1 kick I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post. margarita
-1 double scoop ben & jerry's from the shop (super happy about this, haven't found a shop since I moved from the North East).
-1 small Ghirardelli quake shake
-4 oz assorted Ghirardelli chocolates

Today:

209 lb

http://imgur.com/a/JRgX3

definitely got a bloated face going,but I got the junk food cravings outta my system. Gonna take a rest day from the gym today and be back at it tomorrow. I feel very confident I'm gonna be able to maintain a good level of leanness thru my next mass gain phase.

oh ya, I got 5th outta class of 6th in the open tall class. I'm overall pretty happy with this prep, losing 22 lbs in 95 days to get stage ready is positively a sprint. I deserved better placement, the #4 decision was good, but the #3 guy was smaller, less conditioned than I was. I got feedback I got docked for disproportionate upper/lower body, and I need lot more mass on delts/arms/calves. So I'll do that and think about competing late 2017 or in 2018.

Of ya, if anyone is looking for some advice on visiting San Antonio; don't.

Last edited by w1cked : 10-23-2016 at 08:05 AM.
Unread 10-25-2016, 06:40 PM

post contest diet is on point: last 2 days 208.4 and 206.2, weighed in mid day today @ 204.6, predicting low-mid 204s tomorrow. So, 2 lbs up from stage weight if that. No real urge to binge or go nuts with food as of yet, reverse is going well. Looking slightly softer but very filled out at the gym with good pumps...still thinking of that Ghirardelli Quake Shake though!

Last edited by w1cked : 10-25-2016 at 06:43 PM.
Unread 11-02-2016, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
yes, at this current weight. Actually, probably of any bw I've been. Have a show next weekend hence the poverty calories+tons of cardio. I keep all my training in an excel file and my gym journal. Its nothing special. Current setup is

heavy lower
heavy upper
off
volume lower
volume push
volume pull
off

I believe its one of Eric Helm's setup that can be found in muscle/strength pyramid book.

Its a lot to type up, but generally heavy days as 2-3 movements at 3x3-5, 3x6-8, volume days are 2-3 movements at 5-10, 6-15, etc. Volume works out to be 30-50 reps/body part on heavy days (half of that for smaller muscles) and 50-80 on volume days (half of that for isolation). Cardio started at 2x400 LISS+1x10 min HIIT sessions for first 4 weeks, then 1 LISS added till 8th week, last week was 4x400+1xHIIT.

This is my final depletion week so I'm at 6x400 sessions.

Next Monday peaking week begins leading up to a Saturday show. I'll probably go up 4-6 lbs in bw before next Saturday comes from carbs+water+food in gut etc. The weight limit for my height class is 215#, so I'll be a solid 7-9 lbs away from filling it out. Next year fall I hope to cap it. Currently playing around with how I should move back to maintenance for my massing phase over the next few months, which will be focused on adding upper body and calf muscle.

anyway, 200.6 this morning

https://imgur.com/a/gl7Uy
Do you follow Eric's recommendations of wave-loading on compounds and double progression on isolations? Or do you do double progression for everything? Do you deload every 4 weeks, too?

Great results!
Unread 03-11-2017, 10:17 AM

Heya, back at taking things seriously again. I've been spinning my wheels a little past few months mostly from work pressure and raising a newborn (he's almost 6 months now). So my current plan is to get as lean as I can and go to a massing phase. I'll be using UD 2.0 for the first phase, and work with a bodybuilding coach for the 2nd. I don't plan to compete this year but next June is a strong possibility. Currently I'm 210 filled out. My last weighin on stage was around 200 and change, so I'll need to really diet for about 4 to 6 weeks, barring any unforseen issues. Here goes. I'll post photos at end, have no motivation to take them now but will need to for my trainer. I could just diet down with a deficit but I do well with structured approaches, so here goes!

Day 1

BW: 210.0
Cals: 296p/43c/29f
Workout: depletion
Cardio: none

Notes: I'm depleting on the weekend because I need to work early on weekdays. On weekends I have more time and a much emptier gym. Depletion wasn't fun as expected. Hamstring sets left me pumped forever, and upper body endurance wasn't great. I started at 60% as suggested but had to drop down to keep the 45-60s TUT. Workout was the sample one in the book, threw in couple half assed abs and rear delt sets. Also my diet days are just rfl-ish as per the addendum. Protein is a few grams higher than LBM x 1.5 but its trivial, its just how the meat I bought worked out.

Last edited by w1cked : 03-11-2017 at 10:20 AM.
Unread 03-12-2017, 07:21 AM

Day 2

BW: 208.8
Cals: 299p/49c/28f
Workout: depletion

was wiped after the workout, fell asleep immediately after. lotta burning, some bouts of lightheadedness, etc. Phew, glad depletion is over for a while.
Unread 03-13-2017, 05:16 AM

Day 3

BW: 208.2
Cals: 290p/41c/35f
Workout: none
Cardio: 60 min LISS @ 3mph/7.5degree on treadmill, 550 cals.

Body isn't as sore as I expected, which is nice. Sleep was funky, was wired for an hour after lying down, then slept deep for a while. Had hunger pangs throughout the night into early AM, but was too groggy to drink some diet iced tea to satisfy that. Feel pretty ok mentally despite such low carbs. Fat on abs feel squishier, better definition around biceps, shoulder girdle, and hamstrings.
Unread 03-14-2017, 05:17 AM

Day 4

BW: 205.4
Cals: 290p/41c/35f
Workout: none
Cardio: 60 min LISS @ 3mph/7.5degree on treadmill, 550 cals.

had a nice drop overnight, slept a little better after taking half a muscle relaxant pill. yesterday morning was kinda meh, pretty braindead till taking some ephedrine and drinking a diet energy drink. felt leaner around abs, low back this morning, and jawline is improving.
Unread 03-15-2017, 05:42 AM

Day 5

BW: 205.8
Cals: 296p/39c/30f
Workout: tension (short)

had weird hunger yesterday. not much physical hunger or cravings, but wanted to eat some foods like oatmeal (???) and sushi just for change of pace. the moderate rep workout was a welcome change from the high rep depletion.
Unread 03-16-2017, 06:09 AM

Day 6

BW: 205.4
Cals: not sure (carb up)
Workout: tension

Was planning to carb up yesterday but had nausea halfway, had to cut session short. Then I didn't have much hunger. Well, I felt similar today but didn't feel like puking till I left the gym, so I hope things go well. Started off with a couple bananas, some malt o meal mixed with raspberry preserves. I haven't had sushi for a month, might go have that for lunch. Probably only tuna rolls, rest are fattier. Have some english muffins to eat later, will figure out how to get it all in as the day goes on.

p.s. some more nice progress this morning, seeing more separation in upper quads, between lateral/posterior delts, and oblique/ab area. Some neck fat is gone and saw some chest veins. Scale weight is same as two days ago but I can feel and see improvements.

Last edited by w1cked : 03-16-2017 at 06:25 AM.