BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-16-2017, 04:13 PM

Default Free Meal Question

Just wondering if the free meal is in addition to the normal days food or if it replaces a meal in that day?

For example my protein requirement is 170 grams per day and I split it into 2 meals

Would I replace one of those 2 meals with the free meal?

Or would I eat my 2 meals earlier in the day and eat the free meal as a 3rd meal for that day?

Hope that makes sense

Thanks
Unread 07-16-2017, 09:22 PM

I think as long as you hit your protein requirements by the end of the day it doesn't matter all too much.
I think the reason he leaves it up to you is to give you that leeway and discretion so you get the psychological break.. It's a good opportunity to eat somthing you want while not having to work within some rigid macronutrient framework.
It's a valuable opportunity to give yourself a chance to make a reasonable judgment call about what a "free meal" should mean.
When I did RFL i intermittent fasted and ate one large meal in the evening, probably would not have been a reasonable decision to make my free meal a free day by replacing my one large meal with a smorgasbord of cheat foods and call it my free meal. Just use your best judgement and enjoy the meal and make sure you hit the minimum macros for the day.
For me it looks like a slice or two of pizza or a 1/4 lb cheeseburger and fries maybe a small milkshake or a beer thrown in. That's just what I consider reasonable.

Out of curiousity what free meal are you craving?

"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
Socrates
Unread 07-17-2017, 06:17 AM

I would make one of your meals smaller and then add the free meal.
Unread 07-17-2017, 08:46 PM

Thanks guys

At the moment not craving anything but will probably have an Asian type of meal such as a combination of meat/rice/vegies/sauce.

Currently only on day 3 and I'm quite surprised at how filling the diet is. Won't start free meals till week 2
Unread 07-27-2017, 08:50 AM

Jim,

I'm on day 2 of RFL...Asian food is excellent for a free meal. I like to indulge in some sushi, egg rolls, and General Tsos chicken. I personally like my free meal to follow a few rules so I don't get out of hand:

1.) Has to be somewhat protein based such as the chicken I mentioned above. More protein is always better. Like a buffalo chicken sandwich

2.) Sometimes I save the free meal for a day I know an occasion is going to pop-up. For instance, this Sunday we're visiting some of my aunts/uncles so I know there is going to be food so I'm saving my free meal for that day so I won't be a PITA with my diet. Usually free meal days come Sat/Sunday by default

3.) I have to have 3 days in a row of success on RFL before I take a free meal in.