BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-06-2013, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboned View Post
I was reading about DNP
if DNP lowers ROS, how come DNP causes cataracts?
I thought catarracts were caused by heavy long term oxidative damage?
in therapeutic doses of up to 2-2.5mg/kg. not in retardedly high dosing.
Unread 09-06-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niloluiz View Post
You can post your doubts/concerns here so they may be addressed.
Like any drug or substance DNP have it's risks, it's just not the blown-out-of-proportion drama you usually see over the internet.
Thanks. My main hangup is the ordering part, and potential questions down the road. I do actually have a quote, but stopped at that point. The other questions were answered pages ago. I am in no hurry with my fat loss goal so I think I will stick to the slower method. This thread usually pops into my head after 60min of cardio that seems to be resulting in one sore foot lately.
Unread 09-06-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysond94566 View Post
we need to invent - auto reply for PM's

example; Thank you for contacting me. If you didn't pass your written driving permit test the first time which is usually about 110% common sense, then don't ask me any questions.
lol that feature would be handy indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglypuffs View Post
Oopsie scroodles may occur:
http://thinksteroids.com/news/steroi...ves-terrorism/

(if not reading, Chinese supplier labeled normal steroids instead as a material used in certain explosives favored by terrorists, so instead of quietly slipping by - the guy got busted extra fast - makes me wonder if the China-side entity did it on purpose after a bad dealing)
Interesting reading. But in this case the guys owned a underground lab acquiring bulk steroid powder from china. The stuff was tested and confirmed to be just steroid so in the end they were busted not for the terrorism thing but from the illegality of their activities. Still very suspect that "mistake" and I agree that it may have been done on purpose.

Well at least in the US, DNP is not illegal to acquire or possess (as long it's not capped or labeled as being for human consumption). So something like the above would not be an issue. But confirming what description the supplier intend to put on the declaration is not a bad idea either

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primalkid View Post
I should add, anyone else lose their appetite with DNP? Been rolling on 750mg for 6 days now and I just don't get hungry. Even went to a buffet yesterday and enjoyed it but filled up much sooner than usual.
Yep. I usually don't get increased hunger because of DNP. This week in particular the opposite is happening and my appetite is tanking but I believe this is because the body is adapting to the sudden deficit. Down the road some appetite spikes is almost granted I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
in therapeutic doses of up to 2-2.5mg/kg. not in retardedly high dosing.
ROS production is inhibited on larger doses as well, but by-products of DNP metabolism will raise too and some of those metabolites are pro-oxidants.

About the dosage this method of calculating using mg/kg doesn't really apply to DNP since individual tolerance is what dictates what is a low or high dosage. Back at the 30s the universal recommendation was 100mg 3 times per day with meals which in many cases is way above 2.5mg/kg for example.
Unread 09-06-2013, 06:43 PM

>ROS production is inhibited on larger doses as well, but by-products of DNP metabolism will raise too and some of those metabolites are pro-oxidants.

About the dosage this method of calculating using mg/kg doesn't really apply to DNP since individual tolerance is what dictates what is a low or high dosage. Back at the 30s the universal recommendation was 100mg 3 times per day with meals which in many cases is way above 2.5mg/kg for example.

interesting, thanks, gonna look into this.
Unread 09-07-2013, 06:43 AM

Anybody know why the phenolate quotes are ~7x lower than the phenols from overseas? The phenol is only ~90 from sigma vs 300+++/kg, though the overseas ones tend to claim higher % comp (99/97 respectively). Does anybody know how these are produced industrially - are the contaminants of any concern, are the other isomers any worse?
Unread 09-07-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFS View Post
Anybody know why the phenolate quotes are ~7x lower than the phenols from overseas? The phenol is only ~90 from sigma vs 300+++/kg, though the overseas ones tend to claim higher % comp (99/97 respectively). Does anybody know how these are produced industrially - are the contaminants of any concern, are the other isomers any worse?
I think this is just over thinking it. I talked to a rep and they told me 99% pure.
Unread 09-07-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdoftruth View Post
I think this is just over thinking it. I talked to a rep and they told me 99% pure.
Sigma lists a ~97% powder (phenol) for <100.
CN Quotes on powder+shipping (listed as 99%) are >>300.

EMS shipping is ~45 tops.

Phenolate (crystal) 98% is 15+45 shipping or less, somebody was quoted 52 earlier in the thread.

I don't understand the price difference unless one is analytical grade (terminology may not be correct, but for publishing research you use the highest quality reagents you can find), but seeing as they sell it by the ton and list it as $1-2/kg in bulk (perhaps this is BS) it doesn't seem like this is the case.

I can't imagine that it's that much more expensive for the phenolate mfg wise than the phenol, and nobody seems to have mentioned a large price discrepancy. It's possible that they're quoting some international overnight shipping but I can't understand why they would be.
Unread 09-07-2013, 02:15 PM

So is it possible to take DNP with no side effects? No short or long term side effects to health of course.
Unread 09-07-2013, 02:51 PM

side effects are dose dependent

non-retarded dosing = most likely no harmful side effects (apart from very few cases)
Unread 09-07-2013, 03:24 PM

its cheaper from china because its china, and its more expensive from s.a. because they are one of the premier us lab suppliers. good luck getting sial to send you DNP if you don't have a verified research facility (university, etc) though.