BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-16-2014, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakio View Post
I think you're right that cross-contamination is the bigger risk. Truthfully, I suspect that at milligram doses of a 98% or 99% pure product, most of the likely common pesticide contaminants wouldn't have an acute effect and might not even be that harmful, but it would be interesting to do a survey to confirm that.

I'm looking to get GCMS done, right? That should be able to identify each contaminate by weight, I think. I'll have to do some more reading.

I've taken DNP before and felt fine on an acute basis, but who knows what kind of increased cancer risk or chronic toxicity might be present.

I'd be happiest with a non-profit group buy of very well tested bulk powder to spread the cost of GCMS around, but I don't think this is the forum for that. If I end up spending the cash, I'll definitely share the results.
I don't think labs you don't have some prior relationship with will readily do mass spec for you, least of all on industrial powders you have no license for that have been known to have a black market use. But that's just a guess. As I understand it with GCMS they would give purity of the desired compound, but no knowledge of anything you don't specifically request.

Zhengshou Nongda (Ms. Cindy Li above) claimed to use high-performance liquid chromatography.

It's also important to remember if the tests were true, 98% purity doesn't mean 2% evil. If the impurity isn't an (unintentional or intentional) cut with something else, it could just mean super high but not perfect yield. I don't know the manufacture process of DNP but to quote somewhere else:

Quote:
After synthesizing a specific chemical, varying amounts of by-products, leftover catalysts, unused reagents, and potentially solvents remain. These can make up a significant portion of the immediately post-synthesis product. To create a pure product these adulterants must be removed. Creating a highly pure product (>98%) generally takes multiple passes. The desired product is iteratively isolated and, with each pass, purity is increased.
which would be far more desirable than cross contaminants, other pesticides, heavy metals.
Unread 06-16-2014, 05:19 PM

Been on straight through since I started. I kept it up during the one 2 week break I took so I could eat more those weeks and endured the heat.
Unread 06-16-2014, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
Been on straight through since I started. I kept it up during the one 2 week break I took so I could eat more those weeks and endured the heat.
How long is that?
Unread 06-16-2014, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah_k View Post
How long is that?
11ish weeks.
Unread 06-17-2014, 08:23 AM

So what are the key supplements to preventing the formation of cataracts? I know that the risk is pretty low, you're at greater risk if you have a genetic predisposition, and the chances of getting them increases as you reach a certain dosage threshold, but, as far as supplementation goes, which vitamins should be accompanied with DNP so that you minimize the risk as much as possible?
Unread 06-17-2014, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dajinn View Post
So what are the key supplements to preventing the formation of cataracts? I know that the risk is pretty low, you're at greater risk if you have a genetic predisposition, and the chances of getting them increases as you reach a certain dosage threshold, but, as far as supplementation goes, which vitamins should be accompanied with DNP so that you minimize the risk as much as possible?
I believe it's been well answered in this thread already.
Unread 06-17-2014, 03:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
I believe it's been well answered in this thread already.
Yep. Someone was also nice enough to gather all the buried info in this thread and create a FAQ that is posted in another thread.
Unread 06-18-2014, 09:23 AM

Well is there anything beyond what's mentioned in the FAQ that's worth using? I ask because I've come across some other obscure lists on the internet of DNP logs where people post huge supplement lists including stuff like magnesium gluconate and things of that nature. So you just need Vitamins C, E, and an antioxidant blend?
Unread 06-18-2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dajinn View Post
Well is there anything beyond what's mentioned in the FAQ that's worth using? I ask because I've come across some other obscure lists on the internet of DNP logs where people post huge supplement lists including stuff like magnesium gluconate and things of that nature. So you just need Vitamins C, E, and an antioxidant blend?
The FAQ compiles a lot of answers in this thread by everyone, including Nilhouz who used Conciliator as his primary source. Conc was pretty much the expert on DNP when he was active on the internets, so just do what it says.
Unread 06-18-2014, 03:03 PM

Well, I've been using Ms. Li's DNP for 8 days now. I'm down 3 lbs., including water gain. I've been using 150-200mg capsules, dosing once or twice per day - but have only dosed 2x/day twice.

So, that being said, side effects have been minimal. Other than light hot flashes and harder breathing, I've had some neuritis symptoms that dissipated with ALCAR, GLA, and NA-R-ALA, betaine anhydrous. I also take calcium pyruvate for the hell of it, drink V8, and take a magnesium supplement/multi, fish oil.

Anyway, pretty happy so far. No sleep disturbances to report.