BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Stubborn Fat Solution
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-14-2008, 05:46 AM

Default Stubborn fat at 16.5%?

Hi people.

Is it possible to hit the stubborn fat mark at 16.5%?

Long story short, i was 33%, got down to 16.5% after quite a while. Hit the plateau, system crash, very low hormones, etc. Rested more than 1 month in this summer. No cardio, no weight lifting, just no exercise. I got a lot better... And the blood work proved it. Hit the cut phase again 2 months ago. The results after those 2 months? 4Kgs (8.8lbs) of muscle loss and only 1,6Kgs (3.5 lbs) of fat loss.

Yes, i do eat each 3 hours, watch the protein, take the fish oill pills, of course watch the calories, etc, etc. Oh and i take 7.5mg bromo...

I measure BF% with a tanita scale, it has a body water reading, so i can correct the values it show to a "fixed" Body water %. I measure it after waking up (deshidratated state), so maybe the real BF% is around 15.5%. I ordered the slim guide caliper, just to get another measuring method just in case the tanita scale is fooling me. I mean, i am leaner, but not as much i would be if my diet and training gave "normal" results.

Yes, i do my cardio each day except thurdays. I do weight lifting as well. I'm think i'm reaching the point where "Problems Are Starting To Happen".

To sum it up, altough i'm 16.5, i feel like someone in single digit trying to reach 3% - 4%.

Thanks for having this forum open.
Unread 11-14-2008, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casantos View Post
Hi people.

Rested more than 1 month in this summer. No cardio, no weight lifting, just no exercise. I got a lot better... And the blood work proved it. Hit the cut phase again 2 months ago. The results after those 2 months? 4Kgs (8.8lbs) of muscle loss and only 1,6Kgs (3.5 lbs) of fat loss.
Did you take a diet break during this month?
Unread 11-14-2008, 08:10 AM

Are you male or female?
Unread 11-14-2008, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warenm View Post
Did you take a diet break during this month?
Oh sure. But i still didn't abuse the junk. I ate a lot of almonds tough I need to get testosterone up, and getting the fat from nuts helps/helped.
Unread 11-14-2008, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireproof View Post
Are you male or female?
My apologies for not giving more details. My desperation made me forget to give them

Male
28 yo
1,79 M (5,87 feet)
79,2 Kgs (174.2 lbs)
16.4% BF

Last edited by casantos : 11-14-2008 at 08:35 AM.
Unread 11-14-2008, 11:21 AM

Do you have a copy of Flexible Dieting or RFL? I would suggest taking a two week diet break per the book, then I would restart my cutting phase depending on what category you are (@ 16.5 you are at the low end of a CAT 2 I believe) also using the guidelines in Flexible Dieting.
Unread 11-14-2008, 12:15 PM

I'm in the same boat, I'm at 15.8% and it is taking a lot more work to get it down..take a good hard look at your diet, when I cut my carbs to 50 g 4-5 days per week, it started to move...s l o w l y!
Unread 11-14-2008, 02:17 PM

16.5% is too high. 16.347% is just right.

Don't do it. That's why right on the page it says 10-12%. It doesn't mean it can't work for you, but it's not necessary right now, and probably wouldn't be the most efficient strategy for you anyway.

On another note: why trying to boost T? Have you been diagnosed as having low? If not, it's probably something you don't need to worry about. If you're going to cheat/take breaks, increasing carbs is generally more helpful than increasing fat.

Which brings up my next point: it's not enough to just randomly raise fat intake in an attempt to raise T, you need to specifically eat more saturated fat. Almonds obviously don't fit the bill.
Unread 11-14-2008, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warenm View Post
Do you have a copy of Flexible Dieting or RFL? I would suggest taking a two week diet break per the book, then I would restart my cutting phase depending on what category you are (@ 16.5 you are at the low end of a CAT 2 I believe) also using the guidelines in Flexible Dieting.
I do refeeds on thurdays and sundays. Sundays is also the road cycling long session where i burn around 2000 cals. Maybe i need to eat more on sundays?

On refeed days, how much should be the calorie surplus?

Oh, and i guess RFL is too extreme for me at the moment. And if i'm losing muscle with a "normal" diet, what would happen on RFL?...

Funny how nutrion experts say that you should losing fat slowly, like 0.5% per week. I would be happy if i lose 0.3%...

Last edited by casantos : 11-14-2008 at 06:50 PM.
Unread 11-14-2008, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katz28 View Post
I'm in the same boat, I'm at 15.8% and it is taking a lot more work to get it down..take a good hard look at your diet, when I cut my carbs to 50 g 4-5 days per week, it started to move...s l o w l y!
It looks you are a female. At that %, you should be on the stubborn fat mark. Right?