BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-13-2010, 08:37 AM

Default 6 Weeks results - 11.3kg/24.9lbs lost

Hi All

Just posting my results for six weeks on RFL. This is the second time I have done it, the first time was only for 3 weeks back in November.

I always find other people's postings of their experiences useful and interesting when looking at my own weight loss regime and often they answer questions I may have.

I completed a 6 week stint of RFL yesterday (Saturday) morning. Beginning body weight was 83.3kg (183.3 lbs) at approximately 23% body fact according to Accumeasure calipers (though I think it was more around 25%). Final body weight was 72kg (158.4) so a gross weight loss of 11.3 kilograms (24.9 lbs)!

Adjusting for water I am now at 74kg and approx 15% bodyfat.

I followed the instructions as per the book, however I did not have any free meals during the 6 weeks, only the refeeds. My refeeds were not 5 hours however...more like 12 hours, not because of any particular reason, I just found it kept me sane being able to graze for a day rather than a 5 hour window. It didnt seem to affect my weight loss doing it for 12 hours. I woke up the following day after each refeed and like clockwork I had lost more weight. was a great feeling!

I ate mostly boiled chicken breast or casein protein, with a salmon steak once a week for dinner (no fish oil that day) and lots of green vegetables however I wasnt particularly pedantic about measuring the veg. just ate a lot of baby spinach, broccolli and red cabbage. and beef consomme. lots of beef consomme

My weight loss this time, unlike last time i did RFL, was almost completely linear. The scales dropped consistently and the tape measure around my waist also went down smoothly. that was also very satisfying. I had a very frustrating stall last time i did it that lasted over a week.

I trained twice a week full body. strength increased in a few exercises, otherwise plateaued for most exercises over the 6 weeks.

No alcohol, no cardio...I think thats all.

I was carrying a lot of fat, the result of a crap bulking regime where I took in waaay too much fat almost daily. this was before I read Lyle's article about preferential oxidation etc...not a good day when I had that epiphone but largely amended now...

Dan

Last edited by latereality : 06-13-2010 at 08:40 AM.
Unread 06-13-2010, 10:08 AM

well done! Sounds like a nice loss
Unread 06-13-2010, 11:18 AM

Good job!
Unread 06-13-2010, 11:33 AM

Awesome job! You did great - and it's nice to read that it works just as well on round 2!
Unread 06-17-2010, 06:41 AM

Thanks all. yes it worked better for me on round two...probably because I knew what to expect, how to do it properly etc.

I'm finding maintenance much more challenging. the temptation to eat my body weight in chocolate daily is killing me.
Unread 06-17-2010, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latereality View Post
Thanks all. yes it worked better for me on round two...probably because I knew what to expect, how to do it properly etc.

I'm finding maintenance much more challenging. the temptation to eat my body weight in chocolate daily is killing me.
So what did you basically ate on the maintenance ? also how many workouts did you do ?
Btw nice job
Unread 06-17-2010, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiby View Post
So what did you basically ate on the maintenance ? also how many workouts did you do ?
Btw nice job
Thanks I'm still on maintenance now...I'm eating mostly complex carbs and lean proteins and some simple carbs to keep my sugar cravings at bay...I'm finding eating low fat to be the most challenging...there is fat in just about everything and it all adds up

I did two full body workouts a week, spaced out over 7 days, with 2-4 sets per muscle group and mostly compound exercises. The workout prior to my refeed was really effective - the next day i always woke up looking and feeling great, lean and tight.

And has anybody tried coconut water?? that stuff is amazing. I never ingested any carbs prior to my workouts but after I always had a carton of Vitacoco or a fresh coconut and i felt instantly better...
Unread 06-17-2010, 12:22 PM

are you using any supplements currently to possibly detour junk food cravings ?

i really messed up on maintenance..i am currently using cla on this rfl cycle i've noticed that cravings have reduced dramatically...might be something to look into..
Unread 06-21-2010, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddy View Post
are you using any supplements currently to possibly detour junk food cravings ?

i really messed up on maintenance..i am currently using cla on this rfl cycle i've noticed that cravings have reduced dramatically...might be something to look into..
No, just a lot of willpower! its worse on maintenance than on the diet though...while RFLing I had no problems keeping off the junk. off the diet its a different story...