BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-17-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uw80 View Post
So I am really confused now.

If I broil or bake all of my protein should I weigh before or after since I really only care about the amount of protien I am consuming not water, right?
You are over thinking this. Just weigh the meat raw and use that value. As Blade said 100g of raw chicken breast, for example, is still the same amount of protein/kcals even though it loses water and may only weight 70g or something after you bake it. It's still the same amount of food it just loses some water weight.
Unread 06-18-2010, 10:20 PM

Is a turkey patty all right to eat as a lean protein source? It is not listed in the book
Unread 06-19-2010, 12:03 AM

Considering that there's at least one recipe that uses turkey in the book, it's probably OK as long as you pay attention to the fat content in this 'patty'
Unread 06-19-2010, 10:33 PM

You could always use a website such as Calorieking or similar which provides a breakdown depending on the way the meat is cooked. I found that quite handy. I just found the breakdown for 'boiled lean chicken' and my work was done...
Unread 06-20-2010, 03:37 AM

For hygienic reasons as well as the way food is prepared, weighing food in the raw state is the easiest way to do it. Maybe when you'd be cooking for others it would be good to weigh after it has been prepared.
Just don't mix them up.

As for total protein intake, I'd rather err on the higher side.. having said this I'm happy to have dropped protein from 3g/kg BW to 3g/kg LBM which for women can be a considerable difference. In my case down from 200g a day to just 140ish gram feels quite luxurious and it gave me more options to eat carbs.

Guess what.. muscle growth used to be non-existant on lower carb intake, while it finally took off when eating less protein & more carbs. Lesson learnt!
Still I'd not take it further down.. a good reason is that protein is very satiating and eating so little protein makes a person damn hungry!