BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-11-2016, 03:09 PM

I've come down with a very strong illness these past couple days, so I am going to take a 10 day diet break to help restore my immune system and hopefully get my leptin back up to normal-ish levels. Planning to start a category 1 RFL once this diet break is finished. Wonder how much water weight I will gain back this week. Stay tuned!
Unread 09-12-2016, 02:49 AM
Banned

That's unfortunate. The break sounds like the right thing to do now. Get well soon.
Unread 09-12-2016, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by semipartial View Post
That's unfortunate. The break sounds like the right thing to do now. Get well soon.
Thanks. It's crazy how much this happens on RFL. Reating some of the other logs on here, it seems like a lot of people start to get sick around week 3.
Unread 09-12-2016, 08:24 AM
Banned

Yeah, all extreme diets tend to have that. It's probably the severe deficit and that your body is not used to it. It's been said that several doses of glutamine and vitamin C during the day might help.

Also I notice that performing a depletion workout when I feel like crap makes me feel much better afterwards (including the following days). Don't ask me why, it just does.

Well, at least now you have extra motivation to become cat 1, since RFL only runs 2 weeks for <15% BF
Unread 09-12-2016, 08:27 AM

I did read that somewhere but sadly, I don't have any glutamine in my giant supplement cupboard, so I'll just be eating a bunch of fruit and taking my multi/fish oils this week. Already feeling better after one day at maintenance actually. I've always prided myself on having a strong immune system, so I definitely think the diet had a lot to do with it. Results were totally worth it though.
Unread 09-12-2016, 06:36 PM

9/12/2016
Weight: 182 (-14 from start, - 1 from prev.)

Very surprised by the weight drop today. Was expecting to gain a pound or two from extra water weight being 3 days into this diet break. Guess it must be one of those "wooshes" discussed by Lyle. No doubt my cortisol was elevated being 3 weeks into such serious restriction. Started feeling better enough today to attempt going to the gym. Ended up doing a very low volume upper body routine because I started feeling like crap part way through. Also, felt like I slightly pulled my pec when performing my second set of bench press. Might just take this diet break week as a deload week too unless I start feeling substantially better.
Unread 09-17-2016, 04:10 PM

9/17/2016
Weight: 180 (-16 from start,-2 from prev.)

Finally made it back to the gym today for one nice full body workout before I start my next dieting phase. Very surprised to see the weight drop down to 180. Eating extra carbs and fats this week, I definitely expected my weight to rise a few pounds, but instead it dropped 2. I realized the ultimate diet 2.0 14 day cycle is essentially a category 1 RFL, just with a more defined workout schedule, so I will be doing 3-4 cycles of this starting 9/19. Ordered some bromocriptine yesterday to make this (hopefully final) cut go smoother, but I actually probably won't receive it until the second cycle.
Unread 09-18-2016, 05:54 PM

Mix your greek yoghurt with a protein powder. I have found that the banana flavoured powder tastes good in the yoghurt.
Unread 09-19-2016, 07:35 PM

9/19/2019 - Day 1 Ud2 14-day variant
Weight: 184 (starting weight for this cycle)
Starting bf: 14% (measured via 3-point caliper test)
Starting LBM: 158.24 lbs
Starting fat mass: 25.76 lbs

Macros:
221P
21F
26C
1230 calories

Workout:
UD2 full depletion
6x1-minute of the following:
Machine Press
Barbell Row
Lateral Raise
Seated Calf Raise
Biceps Curls
Tricep Push Down
Leg Press
Seated Leg Curl <---- finished with these 2 because they absolutely murder me
22 minutes LISS (Made a target of 300 kCal burned through cardio on average for 11 diet days of the cycle)

Overall, good day. Very busy today, so I was only able to get in 30 TBSP of egg whites and 6 oz tuna pre workout which means I had 140g of protein left to spare for my dinner. Decided to go with some Kirkland Turkey Burgers (love these) and some 2% cottage cheese and 0% greek yogurt for "dessert". Did not feel hungry whatsoever despite the low calories. Assuming this is due to the leptin bump from the diet break last week.

Depletion workout sucked extra hard today because I decided to actually put all of my reps to a timer instead of just "going slow" and hitting the 15 prescribed reps like before.

Still awaiting my bromocriptine shipment. Hasn't shipped yet so I'll hopefully have it by the beginning of the second cycle.

My projected deficit for each cycle is 17,900 kCal, putting me at >5 lbs per cycle or 2.5 lbs per week, and hopefully 100% muscle maintenance due to the gargantuan refeed and power workout every 2 weeks.

Supps for the day:
200mg Caffeine/20mg yohimbine/50mg synephrine x 2
10 Fish Oil Caps
2 vitamin D caps
500mg Magnesium
Lots of salt/no-salt added to foods

Ready to tear it up these next 8 weeks and be absolutely shredded for the first time in my life!
Unread 09-20-2016, 08:24 PM

9/20/2016
Weight: 182 -14 from start, -2 from prev.

Training
Ud2.0 depletion workout number 2, same as yesterday

Diet
230P
29F
35C
1300 calories

Felt really weak toward the end of the depletion workout, but that's to be expected. Means it's working! Also, felt a lot of the symptoms of classic hypoglycemia for like 20 minutes today. Assuming it's just due to the low calories and maybe a little to do with improper electrolyte balance.