BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-15-2018, 12:58 PM

well I have successfully gained back the 20 lbs I lost last spring on RFL so my goal this year is to try and learn how to keep the weight off.

I know, I know, its all about the calories and I should just stop eating too much but I have a really hard time not eating sweets and having some drinks on the weekends.

Gotta figure out if I hate depriving myself or dieting more !!
Unread 01-15-2018, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchabby View Post
well I have successfully gained back the 20 lbs I lost last spring on RFL so my goal this year is to try and learn how to keep the weight off.

I know, I know, its all about the calories and I should just stop eating too much but I have a really hard time not eating sweets and having some drinks on the weekends.

Gotta figure out if I hate depriving myself or dieting more !!
Its a learning process for sure. On the bright side at leastin my experience losing fat gets easier everytime you diet down and even if you rebound a bit its less and less everytime actually looking back at my off days/weeks I can really chalk up 80% of them to deprivation- eg, instead of eating some cake or ice cream or whatever i really wanted in fear of going over my calories by a trivial 200 300..whatever amount, within the next 2 days I had a treat which pretty much led to a cascade of binging and ironically caused far more of a dent than if I had just not passed up those cheese and crackers for a snack or whatever.

Last edited by w1cked : 01-15-2018 at 01:22 PM.
Unread 01-15-2018, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
Its a learning process for sure. On the bright side at leastin my experience losing fat gets easier everytime you diet down and even if you rebound a bit its less and less everytime actually looking back at my off days/weeks I can really chalk up 80% of them to deprivation- eg, instead of eating some cake or ice cream or whatever i really wanted in fear of going over my calories by a trivial 200 300..whatever amount, within the next 2 days I had a treat which pretty much led to a cascade of binging and ironically caused far more of a dent than if I had just not passed up those cheese and crackers for a snack or whatever.
I hope you are right that its gets easier to lose every time you diet - going to start about the same time as last year and hope that I don't have to do it for as long.

I'm really hoping that a decent portion of the 20 lbs gained was muscle as I have been working out hard but at 50 years old, I cant expect the muscle gain to be a lot.

Will have to take some pics and compare to how I looked last year at this weight.
Unread 01-18-2018, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
This is why I think I (or most long term dieters) can lower setpoint. I've rebounded endless times after dieting.

Before dieting at 20%+ BF would wreck me in my early 20s.

10 years later and I can stay at under 10% with bromo at least.

Get to 10% bodyfat first while lifting weights heavy 3x a week with reduced volume. Two weeks maintenance. Bulk up slowly (1 lb weight gain per week max), focus on getting stronger, measure body composition changes often.
Unread 01-19-2018, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmyoldaccount View Post
This is why I think I can lower setpoint
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmyoldaccount View Post
I can stay at under 10% with bromo at least.
Right, by using "drugs" everyone can stay below setpoint.
Unread 01-19-2018, 07:48 PM

Want.

A White Swiss Shepherd.

Not super likely, but grew up with German Shepherds and Golden Retrievers and I've got a crush.

And to get to 145 or less and stay there.
Unread 01-21-2018, 09:57 AM

Default post above is meant

me too

correction: I grew up with Irish Setter and German Shepherd so to say and I've got a crush, really.

Last edited by me_too : 01-21-2018 at 10:35 AM.
Unread 01-21-2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
Right, by using "drugs" everyone can stay below setpoint.
Curiously, how do you know what your set point Is?

Like many have said, gaining is easy, losing is doable, finding maintenance is difficult.
Unread 01-21-2018, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjr74 View Post
I started studying Python this year
me too

correction: last year I needs to write now.

The Ladies and gentlemen, having some really phenomenal ideas the forums for the most part here!!
Superb that idea with the swiss Shepherd.

Last edited by me_too : 01-21-2018 at 07:57 PM.
Unread 01-22-2018, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriots2 View Post
Curiously, how do you know what your set point Is?

Like many have said, gaining is easy, losing is doable, finding maintenance is difficult.
Your body will tell you. You feel much more hungry, think more about food, become lethargic, have less energy. You're just becoming a wreck.