BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-26-2013, 10:48 AM

Default Sleep issues on leg day

I have, for several years, been experiencing a weird pattern between training legs and my sleep the following night.

It starts around 3 hours after said workout is finished. I become extremely sleepy, most likely due to shear exhaustion.

Now, the logical thing to do when this sleepiness hits you is just to go to sleep, but the problem is I can NEVER sleep an entire night based on that 'wave' of sleepiness. I always wake up after 2-3 hours and then my sleep rhythm is completely disrupted and I wont fall asleep until early morning.

So what I've been trying is just to stay awake through that initial sleepiness, but then again I can never fall asleep at the time I usually do. I stay awake all night, feeling very hot and stressed. My mind is usually exhausted, but my body is pumping like an engine.

I have also, on several occasion, tried to get help from a mild anxiolytic ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroxyzine ) but without luck.

Any thoughts on what causes this and or what I can do would be much appreciated.

Apologies for spelling errors.