BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-22-2017, 08:39 AM

Default EC Stack during the 2 (or more) weeks off Clen

According to Lyle the issue with Clen is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle McDonald
clenbuterol rapidly reduces the number of beta-2 receptors. It hits them so well and for so long (clen stays in the system for a good 36 hours) that they decrease in number. And clen usually stops working after about 2 weeks.”

Excerpt From
The Stubborn Fat Solution Patch 1.1
Lyle McDonald
I was wondering if I did a cycle where I used Clen for 2 weeks.
Then I used an EC Stack ( Ephedrine , Caffeine ) for 2 weeks.
Would my beta-2 receptors be able to recover to the point where Clen would be effective again?
2 weeks Clen , 2 weeks EC Stack ... repeat.
Would using the EC Stack longer before going back on Clen make sense?
I would be using around 12.5 mcg of T3 the entire time as well.
Been looking through old bodybuilding forums for a decent answer and the closest to something that make sense was this answer, but it could very well be bro-science, so I thought I’d check here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H3ENCH4U
Source: https://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/topic/21...eeks-off-clen/

Taken from an "alternate source" : -

During the two 'off' weeks, an ECA stack can be used as required. ECA will not cause such a pronounced down regulation and desensitization of the receptors, certainly not to the extent of clen. Ephedrine has a short half life in contrast to clen which results in times throughout the day where the betas will partially recover from stimulation by adrenaline and nor-adrenaline. Potency is also much weaker that that of clen, as it is not a specific agonist. Ephedrine is also thought to increase the conversion of endogenous/exogenous T4 to T3 through the activation of deiodinase enzymes responsible for this process. This is important as clen is known to slow the rate of T4 to T3 conversion. As a side note, some bodybuilders will use T3 concurrently with the Clenbuterol/ECA cutting cycle (together with certain anabolic/androgenic steroids no doubt!) in an attempt to at least maintain plasma T3 levels.

Cycles of Clen/ECA are normally limited to 12 weeks in total, though are often shorter.

Last edited by KnightLights : 09-22-2017 at 08:53 AM.
Unread 09-22-2017, 09:14 AM

Yeah you should be fine. I'm not sure if your receptors would recover during the time off on ECA. I'd maybe try 3 weeks off on ECA as they may take longer to recover.

Otherwise, how long are you dieting for? Whats your bodyfat level?

I usually do a more severe deficit (RFL or close to RFL levels) for 2-3 weeks then I'll do a diet break and that will let my receptors fully heal. May want to consider that instead of these much longer use periods of Clen and ECA.